Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    Hmm. It's an exe file. Let me get this right. So far I have always loaded programs from the web right on to the device. I just did that for the MemMaid as well. When I downloaded the A-A-RESET from the site I clicked on the MOBILE FRIENDLY DOWNLOAD but it gave me this .zip (.exe)

Are there instructions on how to download this via the PC with the phone connected to the PC? I don't know how to go about it via the computer.
    If it's a setup EXE, just double click it and follow the steps. You need to have ActiveSync connected to your phone for the install to work.

If it's just a program exe, copy it to your phone and run it like you'd run a CAB. Only instead of running a setup program, it'll run the program directly.

Also - is Palm or Windows Mobile working on the bugs to get them fixed?

The bluetooth volume problem. Will we see a fix for that from Palm or WM?

How do we make sure they get the information and work on it? We did get those 3 fixes for the battery charge problem, the voice over Bluetooth, and the email send problem.
    Palm works on some stuff, Microsoft on others. If you look at the bug list linked from the FAQ, you will see a separate section for Windows Mobile specific bugs.

Those are bugs that Palm is unlikely to fix (though it's possible).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Not all programs have a CAB installer.

Either that's a setup program (run on your computer with AS connected), or you simply place on the device and run.
    I downloaded the zip file to my PC. I unzipped it. I got a A-A RESET.EXE program. I emailed that program to my phone. I then saved the attachment to MY DOCUMENTS. I then clicked on it. It started up but the screen was totally unreadable and essentially the program could not work.

What to do? Thanks.
    I downloaded the zip file to my PC. I unzipped it. I got a A-A RESET.EXE program. I emailed that program to my phone. I then saved the attachment to MY DOCUMENTS. I then clicked on it. It started up but the screen was totally unreadable and essentially the program could not work.

What to do? Thanks.
    If it launched and didn't error, then you didn't do anything wrong. Sounds like it's not setup to work with the 800w.

You can try psShutXP, which is what I use.

What to do? Thanks.
    Try this. Make sure your phone is connected to your computer via ActiveSync and then run the .exe file on your computer.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    For the many years I've had Windows Mobile (Pocket PC, Windows CE, etc), I have always had the same routine of grabbing my keys on my way out, locking the door, pressing the soft reset button with my stylus and walking to my car as my phone or pda reboots.

Windows Mobile or whatever name they give it, has always had issues with memory and a daily reboot solves most of the major issues.

The A-Reset tool (available at tinyurl.com/76qqh6) is a great way to automate what I've been doing daily for years.

-Xgeoph
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12