Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have this problem with my Treo Pro since two or three weeks now. When somebody is calling me, and I press the green button to answer the call, the phone suddenly switches off (and of course the call is dropped then). I noticed that usually it happens when I pick the phone from the holster, so maybe I am pressing some other button then which causes such behavior. It's very annoying, anyway. Did anyone notice something similar?
    could be 3rd party app conflicting with the phone, what do you have installed?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have PuTTY and AutoMapa (Polish GPS navigation software).
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Something (maybe even your thumb/finger??) isn't pressing on the on/off button as you remove it from the case?

Just a thought....
    Have you tried re-seating the battery and back cover. I had a problem that when I put the phone down on a surface (table for example) it would turn off and reset itself. This fixed it.
    I had a similar problem. The cause was me accidentally pressing the wireless today plugin causing it to go into the commmanager and one more press up in that same area would swith to airplane mode.
    I even managed to do it with my ear in the time before pressing green and the keypad locking.
    I've had no such problems since I removed commanager as the tap action on the wireless today plugin.

Don't know if this is your problem, though it is worth keeping in mind. It took a while for me to diagnose the problem as the phone shutting down was not instant. There were several seconds delay.