Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 153
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Correct. Good to see that you know how to search Ebay as well. When looking at the Buy It Now listings and not random auctions, it's clear to see that the Touch Pro sells for nearly $200 more than the 800w. I wonder why?
    Those results show all auctions and Buy it Now listings. No matter how it's viewed the results are similar overall. That is if you look at the overall prices on average. There will always be an exception here and there that falls outside of the current norm.

    Here are the results for "Palm Treo Pro". Nobody selling a Treo Pro list it as "New".
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Sprint Touch Pro $280.99 NIB
    I think you are generally correct with your notes on phone prices, but I would make a note.

    My brother has been ebaying almost since they started, runs a lot of his business off of ebay and has about 15,000 transactions. His rating is 100% (884 positive, 2 neutral, zero negative in the past 12 months).

    A 97.6% rating is not generally good. For a handset I would look for a rating minimum of 99%. In this case however that seller's rep is skewed down, probably unfairly, by only one bad mark, but if it is below 99% you should always check the detail in feedback.

    Also be aware that lots of amatuer sellers may not even be aware of the verbiage conventions. NIB might mean they have it in the box but still have hours on it. Also quite common is amatuer sellers just cut and pasting other sellers descriptions and you end up with clean esn claims that are not true or verified. Clean ESN also does not exclude prior activation (for the purpose of rebates)
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

    A 97.6% rating is not generally good. For a handset I would look for a rating minimum of 99%. In this case however that seller's rep is skewed down, probably unfairly, by only one bad mark, but if it is below 99% you should always check the detail in feedback.

    Also be aware that lots of amatuer sellers may not even be aware of the verbiage conventions. NIB might mean they have it in the box but still have hours on it. Also quite common is amatuer sellers just cut and pasting other sellers descriptions and you end up with clean esn claims that are not true or verified. Clean ESN also does not exclude prior activation (for the purpose of rebates)
    Lower ratings also result in that seller's products ranking lower in searches right? Which might also prevent them from getting top dollar.

    And did you notice that person's auction ended on Christmas Day? Not exactly a high traffic day for Ebay. Most buying before Christmas likely wanted theirs before Christmas Day. Terrible idea to have your auction ending on Christmas. I don't sell anything on Ebay too close to holidays, because traffic is always lower on holidays. The cause of that low sale price is simple, the seller selected the wrong day to end their auction.

    Regardless, the norm is well into the $400 range for new Touch Pro sales on Ebay today. Nsxprime was correct to say the Touch Pro goes for about $450 new on Ebay.
  4. #44  
    Darnell, do a search for "Sprint Touch Pro" hit Condition "New" and "Completed Listings" then sort by price.

    There are plenty that go for/went for well below $400. If you are paying $450, you are overpaying, imo. Pointing out exceptions isn't a bad thing--it's called bargain shopping and is the purpose of eBay--it's how I buy my coveted Nikkor lenses, I buy them below what the market wants. I mean hint-hint: buying stuff on eBay on a holiday is a smart move.

    Regardless, I still don't get this idea on cheering for over-priced electronics and lamenting lower priced deals. I mean, let me get this straight: in the 800w forum, people are making fun of the fact that you get this phone for low price? This is the new criticism?

    800w low price/deal = bad
    Touch Pro high price/overpaying = good

    Got it. I didn't know we were in the presence of such aristocrats

    My point here was to simply show that nsxprime over-estimates the prices for the Treo Pro and Touch Pro...for whatever reason. If you guys want to continue discussing "eBay technique" by all means...
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/07/2009 at 12:21 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. #45  
    Malatesta, you are speaking of something totally different from Nsxprime, but you've made claims he is "incorrect" when you're speaking about something different from what he mentioned and what I backed up with evidence.

    You're speaking about what you feel is a good deal. Nsxprime stated the device is selling for about $450 on Ebay ("that phone is about $450 new on Ebay") and that IS the current average selling price today. The $280 you cited is literally the cheapest sale on Ebay's completed listings in the $200-$1000 price range currently available. While $289.99 is the HIGHEST selling price for an 800w of the completed listing that are currently available. The point that you know we're making, is that the 800w is in low demand.

    You feel VRGT's asking price for a Treo Pro is too high, fine. But the Ebay sales show VRGT's asking price is within current selling prices for that device. This started from the perspective of how much someone can sell the device for when VRGT stated his asking price, while you're speaking about how much you'd be willing to pay.

    If it's only about price, well let's all buy some 700wx's, they're selling for even less.
  6. #46  
    We just have to agree to disagree Darnell.

    I found and posted many Treo Pros (NIB) that sold for in the low $400-range, well below the $500 claimed by nsxprime.

    Like wise, if you look at completed listings for Sprint Touch Pros, they are easily going $400 and less--once again, completed listings. In fact I found at least 30 sold phones for $400 or less.

    Perhaps inflating the price by $50 or $100 is not important for some, but it is when someone throws those numbers out there without any evidence.

    As far as demand? I find currently

    Treo 800w (New, never opened): 25
    Touch Pro (New, never opened): 24

    Treo 800w (Used): 31
    Touch Pro (Used): 15

    Not exactly huge differences, especially when you take into account device-age differences. And yeah, I'm sure Touch Pro is in more demand than the 800w...in fact this is always the case. Treos are aimed at enterprise primarily and we have no idea how many have been sold on that end as opposed to just consumer.

    This is like some weird measuring contest....lol

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    .

    Perhaps inflating the price by $50 or $100 is not important for some, but it is when someone throws those numbers out there without any evidence.
    He said Touch Pros sell on Ebay for about $450 and many are selling currently for about that price.

    The last sale $399, before that $449.99, before that $480.00 then $425.00, $399.99, [a $362.00 that was for Cricket not Sprint], $474.99 (with an 8GB card), $450.00, $469.99, $419.00. That's the last 10 sales. There is fluctuation, but stating they sell for about $450 on Ebay is a true statement fully support by the current list of sales.

    VRGT said he was selling a Treo Pro for $475, then Nsxprime said they go for $500 while the 800w goes for $225 and you jumped into a ramble of the Treo Pro price being too much. If there's some weird measuring contest going on, you helped make it so.

    The Treo Pro is selling in the $400 range on Ebay, the 800w is selling in the $200 range on Ebay.

    Malatesta, you repeatedly request evidence, then when presented the evidence, you claim its invalid.

    OK, we'll just disagree. But you've very much played a role in any "contest" taking place here.
  8. #48  
    Darnell, I did not blame anyone for any "contest" was merely make a humorous observation..

    I also never said anyone elses "evidence was invalid" rather that I disagreed with their conclusion. I also don't consider that a ramble, but there IS a difference between subsidized re-sellers and non-subsidized unlocked devices that nsxprime is evidently unaware of so I was explaining it to him.

    Finally, there is a difference from what people are asking for on eBay vs what they are selling for, which is why I use "completed" listings.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I also don't consider that a ramble, but there IS a difference between subsidized re-sellers and non-subsidized unlocked devices that nsxprime is evidently unaware of so I was explaining it to him.
    All prices I provided in links are for Sprint devices. And the prices are about $450 for the Sprint HTC Touch Pro and the 800w is in the $200 range. His statement holds weight against the last 10 sales of the device.

    Finally, there is a difference from what people are asking for on eBay vs what they are selling for, which is why I use "completed" listings.
    All my links are for completed listings.
  10. #50  
    I do have the Treo Pro in my possession at this time. If anyone wants pics please let me know.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  11.    #51  
    C'mon, guys, take it out behind the barn and finish it! I started this link because I found out what I thought was a great upgrade on the Treo Pro and how it works. I didn't mean for it to degrade to a pi***ng contest about what is a good deal on eBay. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

    FWIW, I have been buying and selling on eBay since 1995, about 4 months after they went on line. There are so many restrictions placed on sellers and buyers now that affect feedback and reputation that you really have to look at the seller you are dealing. For example, sellers cannot leave negative or neutral comments about buyers, but buyers can leave any type of comments about sellers. Feedback numbers are now increased with multiple sales and feedbacks within a short period of time (it used to be you only one feedback counted on the score irregardless of the number of transactions). It is also possible now for sellers to ask buyers to modify or amend their feedback comments and rating. eBay is having so many problems right now making money that they are doing all sorts of things to get people to buy.


    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  12. #52  
    Here are some pics of the Treo Pro. I was mistaken before. Only comes with extra battery door.

    Treo Pro
    Lithium Ion Battery
    AC Wall Charger
    USB cable
    Stereo Headset
    Box and Manuals
    Extra battery door









    Last edited by VibrantRedGT; 01/07/2009 at 05:05 PM.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    C'mon, guys, take it out behind the barn and finish it! I started this link because I found out what I thought was a great upgrade on the Treo Pro and how it works. I didn't mean for it to degrade to a pi***ng contest about what is a good deal on eBay. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

    FWIW, I have been buying and selling on eBay since 1995, about 4 months after they went on line. There are so many restrictions placed on sellers and buyers now that affect feedback and reputation that you really have to look at the seller you are dealing. For example, sellers cannot leave negative or neutral comments about buyers, but buyers can leave any type of comments about sellers. Feedback numbers are now increased with multiple sales and feedbacks within a short period of time (it used to be you only one feedback counted on the score irregardless of the number of transactions). It is also possible now for sellers to ask buyers to modify or amend their feedback comments and rating. eBay is having so many problems right now making money that they are doing all sorts of things to get people to buy.


    Truly agree with you here, this is getting out of hand. Seems like no one can post anything without someone's panties getting in a bunch.
  14. #54  
    ivhs72,

    (looks back at first post....)

    Ah yes, guess we are bit OT, lol. Sorry 'bout that.

    So back on topic...

    Where the heck is the Sprint Treo Pro!! 17 days to release and still no pictures, info or specs. This is a first for a Palm Treo, as I don't remember any device of theirs going this long without some "spy" shots. Are they just not testing this on Sprint or do they have them under threat of death? lol

    These things have to be on the boat by now in order to get it to all the warehouses and scanned in to the ESN system.

    C'mon tomorrow...
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/07/2009 at 05:28 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    All prices I provided in links are for Sprint devices. And the prices are about $450 for the Sprint HTC Touch Pro and the 800w is in the $200 range. His statement holds weight against the last 10 sales of the device.



    All my links are for completed listings.
    Correct. I think that my calculations went over someone else's head. LOL

    Vibrant, did you use any screen protector with your last Treo Pro? Any tips on good ones to consider?
  16. #56  
    Don't think the Treo Pro comes with a screen protector. You want the two step Boxwave screen protectors. My Touch Pro came with one but it was no where near as nice as the Boxwave.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  17. #57  
    yeah - I'd prefer any more eBay discussions get moved to a seperate thread. If it's about pricing, keep it in the 800w forum. if it's about a specific sale o whether that price is appropriate, puit it in marketplace.

    I'm mobile, so please self-regulate that, folks.

    Besides, wouldn't you rather talk about what you think Palm is announcing tomorrow anyway??
  18. #58  
    When it comes to screen protectors, , I'm thinking invisibleShield is best.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Besides, wouldn't you rather talk about what you think Palm is announcing tomorrow anyway??
    Yes
    Have you any new info for us?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  20. #60  
    I hear the the Sprint Treo Pro is at the HTC booth from a non-Dieter source, lol.

    Either faster processor, or just feels faster.

    Feels lighter than GSM version.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions