Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I really REALLY hope this blows my mind!

http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/2300-1.htm
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I really REALLY hope this blows my mind!

http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/2300-1.htm
    If those rumors are accurate and the OS is really that good (doubtful) then I would jump on that in a heart beat. Well, until Apple released the iPhone on Sprint or Verizon.

I see some serious problems with the launch though.
    1) There can't be much software available unless they've included some original Palm/WinMo/BB/Android compatibility
    2) It's going to be a completely new OS - there are going to be some serious bugs
    3) Exchange compatibility? Office doc compatibility? Without these things it'll be dead in the water. Even the iPhone didn't take off until they announced Exchange support

I hope these things can be overcome. There needs to be a couple great smart phones on the market for competition/innovation.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    As time goes, I have been getting closer to switching to the pro, mostly because of the flush screen. This news has me intrigued though. I'm pretty intrigued by the combination of Nova and a slider with a big screen.
    One of the reasons I disliked my Mogul so much was the sliding keyboard. It makes the phone feel cheap.
    Love the form factor. Not sold on the OS.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well the one thing I will hope is that it will be built very well, as with all Treo...
    And I believe there has been soo many sliders already that the technology for the hinges should be pretty solid now....
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    in a way it does suck for me cause I just started getting into WinMo... but I figure that it will be at least 6 mnts before we have a device in hand...
    The ppc-6600 was a similar design- this will probably be 50% smaller.

Having another choice for an OS will be cool too.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I really wonder how big the screen will be... and also I am thinking that if the new phone is as thick as our 800w I could live with it...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I couldn't believe that the Touch Pro is actually less thicker that the 800w... and that has sliding keyboard....
    I couldn't believe that the Touch Pro is actually less thicker that the 800w... and that has sliding keyboard....
    Superior design and engineering by HTC. HTC also designed the Treo Pro and that's why it's so thin and still has a massive battery compared to the 800w.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well if the rumors are true and HTC is the manufacturer... we can only hope that the design and quality will be great!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    BTW... Only 1 day to go!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/08/the-palm-pre/

This is better than I thought it was gonna be!!!

Heres to Palm and to 2009!!!
    It looks great, but there are a couple things I think should be improved upon.

• At 320 X 480 resolution, that's a bit lower than some other devices.
    • The camera at 3.0 megapixels is lower than some other devices.

Really for a new device I would expect higher screen resolution.

The WIRELESS CHARGING is something I'm waiting to see a demo of.

And since they could output the video to a large screen during the demo, does the device to be released have video out capabilities? I'm just wondering if that was something they setup for the show or if the device that hits the market can do it too?
    CNet has some coverage too. They have a pic of the wireless charger. Just set the device on it to charge. Pretty neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    It looks great, but there are a couple things I think should be improved upon.

• At 320 X 480 resolution, that's a bit lower than some other devices.
    • The camera at 3.0 megapixels is lower than some other devices.

Really for a new device I would expect higher screen resolution.

The WIRELESS CHARGING is something I'm waiting to see a demo of.

And since they could output the video to a large screen during the demo, does the device to be released have video out capabilities? I'm just wondering if that was something they setup for the show or if the device that hits the market can do it too?
    How many devices have similar or smaller LCD sizes but higher resolution while maintaining capacitive multi-touch capabilities?
    High resolution isn't always a good thing on a smaller LCD size.

Look at all the comments from folks about how the 800w or Pro screens are hard to read at 96 DPI.

I prefer a very high resolution (I max it out on every LCD I have), but plenty of people have trouble reading that.

Palm's resolution seems appropriate for the screen size, especially if you can easily adjust it.
    Well if the rumors are true and HTC is the manufacturer... we can only hope that the design and quality will be great!
    Actually, Foxconn is the speculated manufacturer, not HTC.

As HTC grows in size, more and more companies will move away from them (like Sony).
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/08/2009 at 04:24 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Actually, Foxconn is the speculated manufacturer, not HTC.

As HTC grows in size, more and more companies will move away from them (like Sony).
    Agree. Not to mention now that HTC has branded itself as a consumer brand itself there will be more and more competitive issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast