1.    #1  
    Noticed my WP charts w/ hourly data aren't available for the last couple of days. Thought I just had some bad data updates....then started to think we've got the same problem as before: Hourly data changed format w/ the new year?

I tried turning off hourly data fix script, updating...no luck?

Any confirmations that WP hourly data is broken again?
    There is a fix over at ppcgeeks...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7357
    Last edited by NicksGarage; 01/03/2009 at 03:13 PM.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Just went over there to PPC geeks and saw that the new version is Version 2.5.1 TRIAL08. The weird thing is that is the version on my 800w and it is working perfectly. I guess it updates automatically?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Just went over there to PPC geeks and saw that the new version is Version 2.5.1 TRIAL08. The weird thing is that is the version on my 800w and it is working perfectly. I guess it updates automatically?
    Sorry. The fix was to a single script file, and I didn't bother to update the program version number. Trust me, you need to update...
  5.    #5  
    Works as advertised...thanks!
    Is WeatherPanel still causing ActiveSync to randomly lock up?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Is WeatherPanel still causing ActiveSync to randomly lock up?
    I'm not sure that's a documented/well known issue or rather, it's not something I've experienced.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I think WP might be screwing with my data connection. Dashwire was automatically trying to sync and that wasn't helping my phone's performance. I keep getting errors remotely checking email and using PIE. I blame WP. Should I just buy Weather Bug?
    All of a sudden the MarsWare folder in Program Files has ballooned to 8mb. It used to be <1mb before the update. What gives! Anyone know?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    All of a sudden the MarsWare folder in Program Files has ballooned to 8mb. It used to be <1mb before the update. What gives! Anyone know?
    I'm guessing you've installed themes and/or icons in there. Also, check the size of you data folder. Radar images can take a fair amount of space, depending on the image size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlmer Bear View Post
    I think WP might be screwing with my data connection. Dashwire was automatically trying to sync and that wasn't helping my phone's performance. I keep getting errors remotely checking email and using PIE. I blame WP. Should I just buy Weather Bug?
    Yep... That'd be my problem as well... WeatherPanel causes my data connection to lock up and ActiveSync stops syncing.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlmer Bear View Post
    Yep... That'd be my problem as well... WeatherPanel causes my data connection to lock up and ActiveSync stops syncing.
    So does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

So does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks!
    Well... I'll take that as a no, then...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Yeah, sorry Grant. I and a few others are running this with AS/Push with no problems.

Did you walk through Ebag's troubleshooting guide? Perhaps there is some additional software that is bogging things down.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, sorry Grant. I and a few others are running this with AS/Push with no problems.

Did you walk through Ebag's troubleshooting guide? Perhaps there is some additional software that is bogging things down.
    I've had issues in the past with Direct Push and WeatherPanel - particularly in low service areas where 1x kicks in and out. One thing you could try is unchecking the Establish Connection setting in WeatherPanel.

I personally have set my ActiveSynch schedule to 5 minutes (for other reasons) and haven't experienced the issue since...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Yeah, Mal. I've gone through several hard reset cycles and have tracked the problem down to WeatherPanel.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    I've had issues in the past with Direct Push and WeatherPanel - particularly in low service areas where 1x kicks in and out. One thing you could try is unchecking the Establish Connection setting in WeatherPanel.

I personally have set my ActiveSynch schedule to 5 minutes (for other reasons) and haven't experienced the issue since...
    Interesting... I don't often go into 1x but I suppose that's a possibility. It always seems to happen most often when I'm connected to the desktop overnight. When I come out in the morning, the data session is locked and nothing is able to access the Net until I soft reset.

Given the constant recurrence of this issue for me (and others, apparently) has made me consider developing a new app. I've started a thread on the subject here. I'd love any and all input.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

18.    #18  
    I agree that WP is the culprit. I too have gone through several hard resets, and my connection problems go away when WP is removed from the today screen.

I first noticed the problem w/ GPS today not being able to access data to update the weather and draw maps. It's been working fine since I took off WP. And I love Phat Finger WP.

My usage is different than most. My phone goes into flight mode several times a day. When I turn the radio back on.... WP usually updates but sometimes won't. GPS today is somehow licked out of the data connection.

Would love to be able to have it fixed. WP is my currrent favorite. Have used SBSH wx a lot. More advanced, but more complicated as well. Sbp wx: very limited, but the new version has promise.

No problems whatsoever w/ my 700wx. It's something specific to 800.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    I agree that WP is the culprit. I too have gone through several hard resets, and my connection problems go away when WP is removed from the today screen.

I first noticed the problem w/ GPS today not being able to access data to update the weather and draw maps. It's been working fine since I took off WP. And I love Phat Finger WP.

My usage is different than most. My phone goes into flight mode several times a day. When I turn the radio back on.... WP usually updates but sometimes won't. GPS today is somehow licked out of the data connection.

Would love to be able to have it fixed. WP is my currrent favorite. Have used SBSH wx a lot. More advanced, but more complicated as well. Sbp wx: very limited, but the new version has promise.

No problems whatsoever w/ my 700wx. It's something specific to 800.
    Did you try unchecking the Establish Connection setting in WeatherPanel to see if that makes a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Did you try unchecking the Establish Connection setting in WeatherPanel to see if that makes a difference?
    I've reinstalled WP and will give this a try and report back.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G