1.    #1  
    Jmztaylor over at PPCGeeks evidently has extracted and .cab'd up the Treo Pro dialer for our devices. It will even work with RealVGA.

Now the bad news (and obvious if you know how this stuff works) you have to manually disable Speed Dial and Active Call plugins using Memmaid or SKTools.

That stinks in a lot of ways, as you'll lose Palm's contact lookup (but have the WM one) and you'll also lose the Voicemail icons, which I happen to enjoy, and of course Speed Dial (i.e. holding down "J" to say speed dial "John").

Trade offs? More stylish. Bigger buttons for yo' fat thumbs?

Anyways, go read it here. Post your thoughts though if you do this (I haven't)--I'm curious if you guys like this better or the default.

Last edited by Malatesta; 01/02/2009 at 04:18 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Hahaha. That had me laughing out loud for real.

I gave this a try but didn't like it. I really like the little voicemail buttons of the existing dialer.

Thanks for posting.
    Now the bad news (and obvious if you know how this stuff works) you have to manually disable Speed Dial and Active Call plugins using Memmaid or SKTools.

That stinks in a lot of ways, as you'll lose Palm's contact lookup (but have the WM one) and you'll also lose the Voicemail icons, which I happen to enjoy, and of course Speed Dial (i.e. holding down "J" to say speed dial "John").
    All I gotta say is.....eeeeeewwwwwww.......

(But I'll add it to the FAQ anyway. )

losing too much for nothing
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    losing too much for nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    All I gotta say is.....eeeeeewwwwwww.......

(But I'll add it to the FAQ anyway. )
    Yeah, those are my thoughts on it. I mean, MS has improved their dialer by 5 or even 7% over the last five years, so I don't want to completely knock it

Unfortunately, this is probably what we have to look forward to on the Sprint Treo Pro...maybe Ebag will be able to hack back on the Palm tweaks?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Oh no, you're prying my 800w away from my cold, hard, dead fingers!

(Or when a new shiney comes out that catches my attention. Whichever happens first. )

Actually, if the Pro does hit Sprint, I'll probably be looking to get one for the Mrs....
    so what happens while you're on a call? blank today screen?
    I actually like the WM 6.1 dialer on my pro over the one I had on the 750 (which I believe is the same as the 800). The only thing missing is the voicemail icons but not a huge deal to me.. the other nice thing is that if you have the screen locked while on a call there's no obstruction of the spearker/mute icons (that was on my 750, not sure if the 800 is the same)..anyhoo
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Got the 800 waiting on the Pro, But is there a black keyboard for 800 or will this one work? Thanks
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i am using this for M2D compatibility reasons but now when i gat a VM the taskbar icon is missing. I dont know when a VM comes in. any way to fix this?

thanks!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Is there a way to alter the default buttons on the treo pro dialer?

For example, one of the default is "end" which is worthless to me because there is already a big red "end" button on the phone.
    Thanks
    omg I can not download the files
    thanks!!