1. WDW
    So it looks like we have really defeated the purpose of Sticky threads in the ol' Treo Pro forum. A Sticky should be reserved for a very relevant or helpful thread so that people do not need to search for it in order to read it. But when you have 15 REALLY IMPORTANT threads it diminishes the definition of important.

Here is another thing that needs to be understood in this case. When a forum is all about mobile devices you have to assume that alot of people are probably reading and posting to the forum FROM A MOBILE DEVICE. When you put 15 sticky threads in a forum the mobile user has to scroll through all of these threads just to see what is new.

C'mon guys, let's whittle this ridiculous list down to about 5 at the most. Then you can delete this post, too.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quite right. And seven of them are on the subject of 'Round Robin'.

Now, I have no idea what 'round robin' is all about, but I hardly think we need seven of them?
    The RR Stickies will most likely go away after the RR is over (less than 8 days).

Some of the other Stickies might be able to be consolidated.
    Someone could do a FAQ like on the 800w forum.
    Or, instead of having to scroll through the stickies, just tap the New Posts button at the top. Then you don't have to do any guess work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Or, instead of having to scroll through the stickies, just tap the New Posts button at the top. Then you don't have to do any guess work.
    That's what I do!

I think Ronbo put something together sometime back that allowed you to customize your searches.
    Yo could search for new posts and only in the forums that innterest you.
    I will see if I can find it.
    Here's the Thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=search

I at one time used it to set up custom searches and it worked great.
    Just call me Berd.
    I don't see anything in there that advanced search can't do....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/search.php
    It's been a really long time (650 days) since I used the info in that thread to set up my custom searches.
    I had a few preset searches set up.
    But because it's been such a long time, I don't remember how I had them set up.
    At the time I think it allowed more options than the 'Advance Search' options.
    Just call me Berd.
    This might also be of interest to some of you guys:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=103530
    Just call me Berd.
    can RR threads now be unsticked now as round robin is obsolete now?
    RR got extended 10 days due to the holidays.

So hopefully on the 11th the RR threads will be un-stickied.
    Just call me Berd.
    15 stickies is no good. We need 40 so that you can't see any new threads on the first page at all. You have to think outside the page 1 box.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    I'm pretty sure the RR is over.
    Just call me Berd.
    It's Over!

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2357-1.htm

Now these Stickies just might be Removed.

Edit:
    whoops! it looks like I posted after they had already been removed.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/22/2009 at 03:15 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    So it looks like we have really defeated the purpose of Sticky threads in the ol' Treo Pro forum. A Sticky should be reserved for a very relevant or helpful thread so that people do not need to search for it in order to read it. But when you have 15 REALLY IMPORTANT threads it diminishes the definition of important.

Here is another thing that needs to be understood in this case. When a forum is all about mobile devices you have to assume that alot of people are probably reading and posting to the forum FROM A MOBILE DEVICE. When you put 15 sticky threads in a forum the mobile user has to scroll through all of these threads just to see what is new.

C'mon guys, let's whittle this ridiculous list down to about 5 at the most. Then you can delete this post, too.
    I couldnt agree more..in fact, this thread should be stickied!

sorry-couldnt resist
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre