1.    #1  
    Anyone ever have any issues with Edge (Things are fine when I have 3G).
    Just for the last 3-6 days I've been having trouble with my Egde signal, I keep loosing it. The Pro will then search and search for a signal until it just gives up.
    It only seems to happen on E.
    When my Pro is where I have good 3G I have no probs.
    Currently I've got my sim back in my 750, because it isn't giving me any issues at all.
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    berd, are you still having problems?

I live in an island of 3G surrounded by EDGE & haven't really paid attention when traveling to the non-3G areas. I will watch for it now.
    If I force the phone into GSM (not umts) would you expect me to have the issue?

Be glad to try in for you
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    If I force the phone into GSM (not umts) would you expect me to have the issue?

Be glad to try in for you
    Good point, didn't think about that.

Ok, I just changed mine to GSM & did find the network & is showing E. I am posting with it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    berd, are you still having problems?

I live in an island of 3G surrounded by EDGE & haven't really paid attention when traveling to the non-3G areas. I will watch for it now.
    I think my issues might have been att specific to my location (home)
    I contacted att, they said some work was being done on a tower near me.
    Things seem to be better.

The weird part was it didn't seem to effect my 750 as bad.
    So I thought maybe it was a personal issue I was having with my pro.

I'll post back in a few days.

Thanks All.
    Just call me Berd.
    Nice to know the one in Oregon admits when work's being done or something. Around here,they tend to blame the person or their phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Interesting article, hockey. Like I said, they tend to put the burden on the customer or the phone, for THEIR bad connections. Assuming that article is true. But I know for a fact they try to tell you your phone is at fault when they have a network screw up in IL.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have the same issue whenever I access an EDGE area. I live in Miami, all of Metropolitan Miami-Dade, Broward & Palm Beach (tri-county) is 3G, but on X-mas when I went to the Everglades I enter the wide EDGE area and all the time we remained in the Everglades area my E connection would keep dropping.

At one point I taught there were no cellular towers at all, but then like 10mts later I got my E signal back, but my Treo Pro kept doing the same thing over until we got back to beloved Miami.
  9. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Have either of you put your TP in GSM mode instead of Auto, in a known 2G area?

The reason I ask is that I typically do this if I am going to be in a 2G area for an extended period of time to save battery. Maybe that's why I haven't noticed the problem?

Just curious
    That is interested to manually put TP in 2G mode, I should try that the next time I go to the Everglades!
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Have either of you put your TP in GSM mode instead of Auto, in a known 2G area?

The reason I ask is that I typically do this if I am going to be in a 2G area for an extended period of time to save battery. Maybe that's why I haven't noticed the problem?

Just curious
    Yea, I did it all the time on my 750 and 8525 to save battery.
    The Pro has great battery life and haven't had the need.

But, in order to confirm it wasn't just my Treo Pro having issues with edge alone, I put it in gsm only (2G) to see if the problem went away in places other than near my home.
    My Pro had no issues with edge all over except near my home.
    That was why it wasn't hard for me to believe CS about them working on a tower near me.
    Just call me Berd.
  12.    #13  
    Dear Customer:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your AT&T service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The issue has been resolved.

Should you have any further needs regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to call us at 1 800 331-0500 and reference the tracking number shown above.

Sincerely,
    AT&T
    Just call me Berd.