Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    There are major differences from 215 to 264. I was using 23something, and it was very different (was unable to perform many of these tweaks).

Get the version listed in the first post and you should be able to follow the instructions properly.
    I've been reading the posts regarding tweaks to the 800w. They are all quite informative and helpful. I would like to increase the volume on my device but I am having trouble connecting my device with qpst 2.7 build 264 and I am hoping that someone can help me figure this out. I am running Vista 32bit. I've downloaded the drivers and qpst. I think that I have followed the instruction faithfully, but I can't get qpst to recognize my device. When I go into the device manager on my pc (while the phone is connected) I see that the modem is connected to com port4. When I open the qpst program and go to "add new port", the device that is listed is on com3-serial. When I uncheck the box on the same screen, comm port 4 is in the list, but it says comm4-usb unknown. No phone is listed. Do you have any idea what could be going wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    Hello, I would like to know what other option do i have to get my MSL ?
    I do not want to speak to the Sprint Service, they are a huge annoyance to me when i ask for help.
    How else can i get my MSL? It does not matter if it is not easy. Pleasetell me
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    Well just google ""how to get MSL"" and youll find an xda developers forum post. Click it and download the program. Its really easy.
    Well i have my MSL and i know how to do everything. But the QPST v2.7 build 264 won't find my phones port. I only see the comm ports but nothing containing phone. Please help how to find it?
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Try rebooting the phone while connected to the pc
    hey. i got everything to work. my phone was found by the program. but apparently the msl code you get from getspc is wrong. it does not work on the ttreo. is there any alternative way to get the msl without calling sprint? please help! im so close -.-
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    I experienced Improved volume after carefully following the directions. I wish the initial bluetooth headset volume was this easy to fix.
    The Bluetooth volume reset thing is insanely annoying and inexcusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    The Bluetooth volume reset thing is insanely annoying and inexcusable.
    I agree. It's the only bug on the 800w that really BUGS me...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I agree. It's the only bug on the 800w that really BUGS me...
    This does not happen on my device. So it must be a bug on only some devices.
    I got the MSL code from Sprint and followed the directions. When I entered the MSL code, I get this box back. (I took the code out of the box, as I didn't know if it was safe to be floating out on the net) I told the guy from Sprint that I was going to do a hard reset and he told me that I would need to enter ##000000# (with the 0's representing the 6 digit code he gave me) Is there another number I need?
    Thanks,
    Ted
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    This does not happen on my device. So it must be a bug on only some devices.
    Must be nice!

Any hands free device I've paired up with on my 800w resets to the lowest volume level every time a call is received and I've paired up with three different devices, now, from two different manufacturers, all with the same exact result. A2DP works fine, however...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    You are the first 800W owner I have heard of that DOES NOT have that problem with bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    You are the first 800W owner I have heard of that DOES NOT have that problem with bluetooth.
    Or perhaps they are not fully aware of the issue you're speaking about?

Unless they've got a different ROM they've got the issue too and simply don't know it. (And we know there has not been any ROM updates and no custom ROMs either.)

It does not always reset to the "lowest" volume, but if you set the BT device to the highest, on the next call it won't be still at the highest. My 800ws would reset to a lower setting, but not the lowest, the lowest would be totally silent .

Remember that e-mail issue that used to be a problem that I thought didn't exists ?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    My 800ws would reset to a lower setting, but not the lowest, the lowest would be totally silent .
    No, no... I did not say it muted the call. It resets to the lowest volume setting. In other words, not '0' but '1'.

Either way, the problem exists and, regardless of volume setting, it is the only BUG that BUGS me... LOL

If this poster does not have the problem, I want HIS/HER 800w!! ;-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Or perhaps they are not fully aware of the issue you're speaking about?

Unless they've got a different ROM they've got the issue too and simply don't know it. (And we know there has not been any ROM updates and no custom ROMs either.)

It does not always reset to the "lowest" volume, but if you set the BT device to the highest, on the next call it won't be still at the highest. My 800ws would reset to a lower setting, but not the lowest, the lowest would be totally silent .

Remember that e-mail issue that used to be a problem that I thought didn't exists ?
    As I understand it all of you are receiving phone calls on your Palm V and when you do your hearing aid goes silent rendering you unable to get the elevator to go up and down. This accurate analysis of the subject proves I'm not the ***** someone might think I am.

For a number of you your bluetooth headset volume is reset in some way to the lowest setting upon the receipt of a subsequent call, i.e. you receive call, turn up volume of headset, complete call, hang up, receive another call, headset has volume at lowest setting, you did nothing to change the volume in between calls. Am I close?

One person says he has a variation of the bug and only changes to a lower setting and not the lowest. Perhaps he doesn't have the same bug as the rest of you and doesn't understand that is the case?

This does NOT happen on my device using my H710 or my H715 headset. I receive a call or make a call and my headset is at the same volume setting at which I ended the previous call. Quite often that previous call was in my car and I had the volume turned up to compensate for car noise. I have to turn down the volume in my headset because it's too loud on a subsequent call if I'm not in a noisy environment. I do not have the issue so many of you complain about and I don't have a custom ROM. So it's not a bug in all 800Ws no matter what some claim or else it would be a problem for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    No, no... I did not say it muted the call. It resets to the lowest volume setting. In other words, not '0' but '1'.

Either way, the problem exists and, regardless of volume setting, it is the only BUG that BUGS me... LOL

If this poster does not have the problem, I want HIS/HER 800w!! ;-)
    Anything I own is for sale for the right price. If mine is the only 800W in existence that doesn't have the BT volume bug, it's obviously worth a LOT of money. Let the bidding begin!
    Last edited by Rogus; 05/21/2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.
    Rogus, it does appear you've been mentioning you don't have the BT volume problem for some time. Perhaps you're using some BT devices that don't encounter the bug, or you stumbled on the magic 800w. But it does seem you've had some volume issues that some of of us never had. So I guess your 800w has its own issues with volume.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Rogus, it does appear you've been mentioning you don't have the BT volume problem for some time. Perhaps you're using some BT devices that don't encounter the bug, or you stumbled on the magic 800w. But it does seem you've had some volume issues that some of of us never had. So I guess your 800w has its own issues with volume.
    I mentioned exactly what BT devices I am using. I don't have the BT volume bug. I didn't say I don't have other issues with the 800W. Perhaps you don't know as much as you like to think you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    I mentioned exactly what BT devices I am using. I don't have the BT volume bug. I didn't say I don't have other issues with the 800W. Perhaps you don't know as much as you like to think you do?
    Has anyone using the same BT devices you're using reported having the BT volume issue? Since I have not seen that I can't personally rule out that it might be something about the devices you're using. Maybe you don't have the bug at all and maybe it's what you're using, I don't know.

All I know is, I got a Touch Pro and don't have any more volume issues .
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast