Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    This is the stat iI was getting from QPST

port state label phone link
    COM1 ENABLED COM1 NO PHONE 1152.......
    COM2 WAITING COM2 N/A N/A
    Can someone please explain to me what the no phone means. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertgu View Post
    EBAG, this what I have done so far

I have been a pocket PC owner for over eight years, but never did anything like this. Sorry

1. Install QPST.
    2. Connect your phone to your PC, make sure you have a good connection.
    On your phone, go into the dialpad and dial ##DIAG# (##3424#).
    3. Select Diag passthru. (Note: You do not need to click OK. Simple select the radio button for Diag Passthru. Clicking OK makes this window go away, but you can get back to it at any point by dialing ##DIAG#.)
    4. You should be prompted for several (three) hardware installs. All three times point the installer to the location where you placed beezlewaxin's 800w Diagnostic Driver.
    5. Once installed, run QPST Configuration.
    6. Click Add New Port...
    7. Here you will see a list of comm ports. Don't worry about most of these, the one we want is labeled USB/QC Diagnostic. If you see more than one, that's okay, just add all of them (I had two).
    8. One of the comm ports will list a phone. Mine displayed SURF6800. Simply make a mental note of the comm port number for this one

I chose one of them, then stop because I wanted to see how hard this was to install. I don't remember every step that I took because it was about three weeks ago when I attempted this. now I was ready to start from the very beginning but could not get past ##3424# the minute I press the last ##3424 # ActiveSync will disconnect on me and could not go any further.
    It sounds like you are not getting a connection between the phone and the PC. keep the screen up on the PC and toggle the diag passthru and normal settings and see if you see anything change.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    It sounds like you are not getting a connection between the phone and the PC. keep the screen up on the PC and toggle the diag passthru and normal settings and see if you see anything change.
    Ditto! I agree, their not connecting...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Jim, That can't be because I was able to do a hard reset and load all my software and my contacts back to my pocket pc. So I believe the connection is good between the phone and the PC.
    Jim, That can't be because I was able to do a hard reset and load all my software and my contacts back to my pocket pc. So I believe the connection is good between the phone and the PC.
    No, what he meant is the connection between the phone & QPST program. When you hit ##3424# & choose pass through on your phone, ActiveSync with disconnect & phone will connect to QPST. Make sure you have the latest version of QPST, I had an old version in the beginning & it wouldn't connect, until I got the latest version.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    No, what he meant is the connection between the phone & QPST program. When you hit ##3424# & choose pass through on your phone, ActiveSync with disconnect & phone will connect to QPST. Make sure you have the latest version of QPST, I had an old version in the beginning & it wouldn't connect, until I got the latest version.
    I have this version QPST 2.7 BUILD 264
  7.    #47  
    now I was ready to start from the very beginning but could not get past ##3424# the minute I press the last ##3424 # ActiveSync will disconnect on me and could not go any further.
    Okay, now you do realize that ActiveSync will disconnect as you're switching from a network connection to a modem connection, right?

Diagnostic mode on the 800w mimics a modem. Normal mode mimics a network card.

Sounds to me like you're doing everything right, but stopping when you see ActiveSync disconnect....which it's going to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Okay, now you do realize that ActiveSync will disconnect as you're switching from a network connection to a modem connection, right?

Diagnostic mode on the 800w mimics a modem. Normal mode mimics a network card.

Sounds to me like you're doing everything right, but stopping when you see ActiveSync disconnect....which it's going to.
    So what about three hardware installs. I don't remember saving them. Thanks
  9.    #49  
    Check your hardware list in the control panel. (System -> Device Manager)

They would show up if the 800w is plugged in (via usb) *AFTER* you switch to Diagnostic mode.
    If you installed them once, they are still there. When I first tried this, I was connected but it took me a few minutes to figure out how to tell if I was connected.
    If you installed them once, they are still there. When I first tried this, I was connected but it took me a few minutes to figure out how to tell if I was connected.
    Can you please tell me where I can find them (The three hardware installs)
  12.    #52  
    Can you please tell me where I can find them (The three hardware installs)
    Check your hardware list in the control panel. (System -> Device Manager)
    If it's in normal mode it will show as a network connection. If it's in diagnostic mode, it will show as a modem.
    If it's in normal mode it will show as a network connection. If it's in diagnostic mode, it will show as a modem.
    Hey EBAG, On this mode: diag passthur
    MODEMS
    THIS IS WHAT I see ports(com&LPT) BEEZI TREO 800W##MODEM PORT

PORTS

(COM&LPT BEEZI PALM TREO ## DIAG PORTCOM8

BEEZI PALM TREO ##UNUSED PORT (COM)
  14.    #54  
    That's what you're supposed to see all right.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I installed the QPST on my LAPTOP by running setup.exe.
    I connected my treo to computer via USB.
    Active sync popped open ( normal behavior).
    Then did the ##3424#
    choose the diagpassthru
    The hardware found windows dialog box popped up.
    I cam not able to point it to the driver files ?
    Where should I be pointing the hardware dialog box ?

Also do we need to install the cab file on the Phone ?
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    never mind, I figured it out , the driver is in the wrong location ,
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Ebag333,
    After adding the ports in QPST configuration, I see a "No Phone" under phone column. Is it okay to proceed to service programming ? or do something else to see if the phone is listed.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    never mind
    A reboot of the phone fixed it :-)
    Microsoft!!!!!!!Microsoft!!!!!!!Microsoft!!!!!!!
    Can't live with them can't live without them

I just want say thanks to all that help out.
  20.    #60  
    So I take it that you got it then?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast