Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It definitely effects in call volumes with the speaker. It definitely does not effect ring tone or notification volume.

I don't have a BT headset, so why don't you try it out and let us know?
    If it didn't involve calling sprint, I'd be there... I hate dealing with those people... Think they'll give it to me through e-care? I'll give it a whirl...
  2.    #22  
    I had my MSL in about 2 minutes. Just a matter of navigating through the menu's, and the tech support guy gave it to me right away with zero fuss.

*shrug*
    I had my MSL in about 2 minutes. Just a matter of navigating through the menu's, and the tech support guy gave it to me right away with zero fuss.

*shrug*
    Ebag,
    I remember you posted you asked for the MSL code so you could do a RTN reset. What would be a valid reason to do a RTN reset?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Ebag,
    I remember you posted you asked for the MSL code so you could do a RTN reset. What would be a valid reason to do a RTN reset?
    If you wanted to setup your phone from scratch. Basically like a hard reset, but it also lets you configure your phone (phone number, data settings, etc).

Sprint often calls it a "factory reset" because it's how they get the phone from the factory.

An RTN reset sometimes works when a hard reset doesn't, especially if your phone was setup incorrectly.

You obviously don't need to do an RTN reset, but it's a good excuse to get the MSL/SPC.
    I find the "need to to a RTN reset" excuse a very usable and successful one with Sprint

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I used the RTN excuse to get my MSL...no fuss and had it in 30 seconds of getting a tech...extremely easy
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Too bad they arent open today since its new years day... I will try to get it tomorrow
    Yes they are louder, the music/bluetooth I haven't tested yet.
    Q about speakerphone, given some of the crackling issues, does this increase vol level before it starts crackling?
  10.    #30  
    It appears to, yes.

This seems to be adjusting the volume at a hardware/firmware level, while the volume adjustment that you normally see is at a software level.
    Just spent the last 3 hours on the phone (stupid holiday calls, lol) and I can definitively say this does jack up the volume.

(Btw, the volume levels I refer to below are the on-screen volume settings in WM, not QPST)

Put it this way, I had the call on tick #2 the entire time and that was loud enough for me. If I jacked it to max, it was nearly a speakerphone. (I have good hearing though, so the 'old' levels were fine for me too...though I kept them at tick #4 usually in WM).

Likewise, spearkphone is also louder...in fact in a quiet room at tick #1 it was loud enough. Higher than that it crackled of course, though before that was at tick #4.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Thanks! It took 23 minutes to get the MSL code via echat, but it wasnt bad since I was websurfing while waiting. I did all 3 of these hacks, (increase volume, slow ringer, and gps sat) The instructions were very clear and percise. Great job!

Thanks again!
  13.    #33  
    Got question for anyone who's done this update.

In the bug list we have the following bug:

Occasionally after a soft reset the volume can be set to a significantly higher or lower level than standard/normal. This may cause the speaker volume to be quiet (hard to hear) or loud (crackling or distorted sound).
    Has anyone experienced this since doing this update? I haven't, but as it's fairly rare and random, I don't want to go solely by my own experience.
    PLEASE HELP
    When I tried doing ##3424# Microsoft ActiveSync cut off on me.
    I did get it to work earlier, but could not finish it (big mistake)
    Can you please tell me what I should do next? Thanks

Things I did so far

1. hard reset (pocket pc)
    2. soft reset (pocket pc)
    3. delete Microsoft ActiveSync software then reinstall it (computer)
    Quote Originally Posted by robertgu View Post
    PLEASE HELP
    When I tried doing ##3424# Microsoft ActiveSync cut off on me.
    I did get it to work earlier, but could not finish it (big mistake)
    Can you please tell me what I should do next? Thanks

Things I did so far

1. hard reset (pocket pc)
    2. soft reset (pocket pc)
    3. delete Microsoft ActiveSync software then reinstall it (computer)
    First of all go back to your dial pad, enter ##3424# make sure you tap Normal, then ok, you should be fine.

Second, when the phone & the software make connection via ##3424#, ActiveSync will disconnect between the phone & ActiveSync.

When your done making changes, make sure you always go back to Normal & ok, then disconnect the phone from the pc, then I soft reset, then connect again, ActiveSync will make contact again.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    First of all go back to your dial pad, enter ##3424# make sure you tap Normal, then ok, you should be fine.

Second, when the phone & the software make connection via ##3424#, ActiveSync will disconnect between the phone & ActiveSync.

When your done making changes, make sure you always go back to Normal & ok, then disconnect the phone from the pc, then I soft reset, then connect again, ActiveSync will make contact again.

Reverendrhino, I did all the steps that you suggested with no luck. do you any other step i can take.
    Reverendrhino,Thanks for your help
    O.K. let's step back a bit...Is your phone working or not? Or is it your ActiveSync not working?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  18.    #38  
    Perhaps it'd be useful if robertgu posted exactly what steps he is taking in order to apply this tweak.
    Perhaps it'd be useful if robertgu posted exactly what steps he is taking in order to apply this tweak.

EBAG, this what I have done so far

I have been a pocket PC owner for over eight years, but never did anything like this. Sorry

1. Install QPST.
    2. Connect your phone to your PC, make sure you have a good connection.
    On your phone, go into the dialpad and dial ##DIAG# (##3424#).
    3. Select Diag passthru. (Note: You do not need to click OK. Simple select the radio button for Diag Passthru. Clicking OK makes this window go away, but you can get back to it at any point by dialing ##DIAG#.)
    4. You should be prompted for several (three) hardware installs. All three times point the installer to the location where you placed beezlewaxin's 800w Diagnostic Driver.
    5. Once installed, run QPST Configuration.
    6. Click Add New Port...
    7. Here you will see a list of comm ports. Don't worry about most of these, the one we want is labeled USB/QC Diagnostic. If you see more than one, that's okay, just add all of them (I had two).
    8. One of the comm ports will list a phone. Mine displayed SURF6800. Simply make a mental note of the comm port number for this one

I chose one of them, then stop because I wanted to see how hard this was to install. I don't remember every step that I took because it was about three weeks ago when I attempted this. now I was ready to start from the very beginning but could not get past ##3424# the minute I press the last ##3424 # ActiveSync will disconnect on me and could not go any further.
    Something is not right with your setup, if I plug my phone into the PC, I stop activesync first, then dial ##3424#, then go to QPST configuration, look at the Active Phones Tab and see if I have SURF6800 listed, then start clients, service programming.

I can also dial ##3424# before connecting the phone to the PC and it will work. I can also disable Activesync so it does not even try to sync when I connect the phone and it still works. Activesync will also show "not connected" and I can still have the connection to QSPT Configuration.

It sounds like one of the steps you are trying is off, I got in a hurry the first time I tried this and it didn't work, you have to follow the instructions exactly, to which I found out.
    Try stopping Activesync completely and see what happens.

edit: with the phone plugged in and on the diag screen on the phone and in the QPST configuration screen on the PC, active phones tab, selecting diag passthru and normal will change the screen on the PC as I keep changing showing the connection.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast