Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Don't confuse him with facts. His mind is made up.

So...is there an /ignore on this thing?
    Yes there is, please press that button.

Correct, no mention of the 800 at all. No upgrades for the Centro and their PDA lines. They will not build anything. Maybe HTC should have made the 800 instead of Invetec and Palm may have had a winner on their hands. Nova and Treo Pro is their focus. There is no way they are putting any resources into the 800. It would be another bad move if they did. Honestly if they did and fixed many of the issues I had I would actually snatch another 800 up. If they are creating an entire new OS from scratch, the Treo Pro is replacing the 800, why would they put a dime into the 800? Makes no sense.

For those who are interested into buying an 800 and using your 2 year eligibility. Don't! There is no need to renew your contract for $249.99 plus shipping. You can buy new ones for under that shipped without a contract renewal. In my area Craigslist has 4 of them brand new for under $235. So sad.

$236
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-IN-BOX...3A1%7C294%3A50

$239
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IN-BOX-SPRIN...3A1%7C294%3A50

$239
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IN-BOX-SPRIN...3A1%7C294%3A50
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I bought my 800w 1 week old off craiglist for $200 flat, and that was a few months ago, before we were even sure the Pro was coming to Sprint. I saw one for $150 earlier too. I think overall, all the negative talk about the 800w drove the price down pretty quickly, which worked well for me

I actually like that the 800w is so cheap. For those of us who are ok with the 800w, it's a pretty good deal, especially considering you don't have to renew your contract.

Personally, I'm trying to move towards the Touch Pro. Although I'm relatively satisfied with my 800w (boo@microUSB though), the Touch Pro looks more interesting to me and I miss being able to use my thumbs and not my fingernails like I used to on my Mogul.

And anyone saying that 800w isn't being replaced by the Treo Pro is in denial IMO. There's really no reason for both devices to be sold at the same time. Common sense dictates this. You don't need to wait for Dan Hesse or Ed Colligan to come and say it out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    And anyone saying that 800w isn't being replaced by the Treo Pro is in denial IMO. There's really no reason for both devices to be sold at the same time. Common sense dictates this. You don't need to wait for Dan Hesse or Ed Colligan to come and say it out loud.
    Thank you someone gets it.

"Target Market: Advanced Connected- Replaces the Palm Treo 800W"

No other proof needed, the fanboys are just in denial. That is as black and white as it comes to an answer. We dont need Palm's official answer- Sprint's intentions are very clear which is what counts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lets keep this sham of a debate in context.

Most of the argument is over "support" for the 800w, not "replacing" i.e. some are declaring that Palm and Sprint no longer support the 800w.

Just because a device is replaced doesn't mean support ends for it. Even if it does, it has zilch to do with whether or not you like the 800w today, not tomorrow. You don't buy a phone, hate it, but expect it to be improved in the future. If that is someone's situation, they are a poor consumer.

Labeling of "fanboys" is unnecessary just because you don't agree with them--it may be considered flamming.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 12/31/2008 at 11:43 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    < < Edited by Dieter > >

Furthermore, fanboy is a correct term- "a term used to describe any individual who is devoted to a single subject in an emotional or fanatical manner, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession"

My referenced point is to the specific people denying the 800w is going EOL and being replaced. There are some here who cant accept a written fact that their device is being replaced it crosses the lines of an obsession. There are many here who will say anything to discredit anyone who says one thing bad about their treo, despite the fact of posting a cold hard fact and not even my personal opinion what so ever
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 01/01/2009 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    My referenced point is to the specific people denying the 800w is going EOL and being replaced. There are some here who cant accept a written fact that their device is being replaced it crosses the lines of an obsession. There are many here who will say anything to discredit anyone who says one thing bad about their treo, despite the fact of posting a cold hard fact and not even my personal opinion what so ever
    About the 800w going EOL......

There's no proof of it. It's like trying to prove a negative, it's virtually impossible to do.

The whole argument of this is like me saying "I have this e-mail where klurfdawg admits that they like to eat kittens."

Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    I like to eat kittens.
    Now can you prove you don't eat kittens? Of course you can't. You can't prove a negative.

This whole thing is mostly based on one single slightly out of focus photo of a supposed Sprint document. It's probably real, yes....but lets roll back about 6 months to a year ago when people were just as positive that a Verizon 800w was being released.

There was actually more evidence of a Verizon 800w than there currently is for a Sprint Treo Pro.

Perhaps these might refresh your memory:
    Verizon Quietly EOLs Treo 700wx; Treo 800w Release Oct. 12th?
    Verizon Likely to Carry the Treo 800w, Possibly in October?
    Another Treo 800w sighting...this time for Verizon!
    Verizon Presentation Shows 800w, Samsung i770

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Us "fanboys" are simply saying one thing. Let me try and put it as simply as possible.

We do not know what's going to happen with the Treo Pro or the 800w.

We aren't claiming that Sprint won't EOL the 800w, or that they won't carry the Treo Pro. We are simply stating that at this point it's all just rumors and guesses, and claiming otherwise simply silly, because there's no hard proof that Sprint will pick it up. And--before anyone starts--a leaked document isn't hard proof. Not only have leaked documents been forged before, but the company often changes their mind.

Hard proof would be an official statement by Palm or Sprint. I've yet to see that provided (despite asking for it many times).

Heck, Sprint may have even decided to carry it, only to change their mind at the last minute. Verizon did that with the 800w (not once, but apparently twice), and that's been seen with other phones as well.

Malatesta and I are saying to have a wait-and-see attitude.

1) Wait and see if the Treo Pro actually shows up on the Sprint site.
    2) Wait and see if Sprint actually EOL's the 800w.

Neither of those have happened yet, so it's quite premature to claim that they are going to.

There's actually still some evidence that Sprint isn't considering option #2 just quite yet. For one, the 800w is still selling at the normal price. Compare that to the Centro in Pink and Black (which Sprint is selling for the whopping price of free). If Sprint was preparing to EOL their device, they often drop their price significantly to encourage people to buy up their remaining stock. That has yet to happen.

This whole debate is very very silly. It's full of lots of guesses and rumors that folks are espousing as fact, and often have zero evidence for. And the folks who are trying to be the voice of reason here by pointing out that all we have is rumors and guesses get called fanboys.....

Then again, I suppose it's called "silly season" for a reason.
    Personally I would am luke warm about the 800w. I mean I have tried BlackBerry, but as you are also probably Windows Mobile is just what we are used to. Coming from 700wx the 800w is ok its not bad its not great, a little lacking like the costumzation for button shortcuts and buttons in general. I wish it was like the Mogul in terms of buttons and screen quality.
    Well, at least these 800w threads keep me laughing. Me and my Touch Pro love 'em.

Please keep the 800 threads/posts coming......

I have the Treo 800w. Some like it and some don't; doesn't matter to me. IMHO it is a good phone. It is not perfect but it does what I need; that is what matters to me. I simply view it as a tool. My appreciation to all who use their skills and knowledge to make the phone a little better, a little more useful. Happy New Year All!
    < < Edited by Dieter > >
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    This thread needs to be closed ASAP.

It's not about me but about claims put forth that should be the debate.

PM me if you have problems with my posts and want to tell me off, otherwise put me on on "ignore". No one forces you to read and respond to what I write...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I agree with Malatesta & Ebag333 nothing but great info & hard work from them & the rest of the Treocentral community. Sh*t talking to/about folks making the 800w a great device is BS. Yes, their are a few things to adjust, but honestly which phones don't? Come on folks, give it a rest. New year...so Happy New Year, pop open a beer & have a ball, cheers!
    < < Edited by Dieter > >

Well said. I would have to say that the 800w might be the "perfect" upgrade right now. It's selling for incredibly pitiful prices. Brand new, no contract, free shipping for $225 is fire-sale cheap. "Upgrading" to the 800w now and then getting a free UPGRADE to the Treo Pro in 3 weeks would be the smart play because those are going to be selling for a LOT more than $225 with no contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

It's not about me but about claims put forth that should be the debate.

PM me if you have problems with my posts and want to tell me off, otherwise put me on on "ignore". No one forces you to read and respond to what I write...
    I agree on the first point.

but lets remember i have nothing against you what so ever, you came after my post addressing it and saying that im flaming people. Just pointing out the irony that you in fact are doing the true flaming to others which simply isnt right. Using the word fanboy in a general statement is far from publicly calling out people by name and publicly/personally insulting them.
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 01/01/2009 at 11:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Agreed.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123