Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Supporting the device as of today and in the future is over. All their eggs are in the Treo Pro basket.
    Once again, you do not represent nor speak for Palm/Sprint. For you to keep pretending you do so is dishonest.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. #22  
    I can speak for Palm because I did stay in a Holiday Express last night. I am also a share holder. I own Palm.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3. #23  
    I think it's a semantics issue. VibrantRed obviously defines support as "providing fixes, patches, etc. on a daily basis." Uh oh...when is the last time they [i]supported[i] the Treo Pro? I don't recall seeing a patch for the Pro. Guess it's no longer supported.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I think it's a semantics issue. VibrantRed obviously defines support as "providing fixes, patches, etc. on a daily basis." Uh oh...when is the last time they [i]supported[i] the Treo Pro? I don't recall seeing a patch for the Pro. Guess it's no longer supported.
    That's Palm for ya. The 800 was one ROM/hardware update away from being a great device. Its cheaper to scrap it I guess. These bye-bye 800 threads wouldn't even exist if they fixed some of the issues. Hell I wish the device could be hacked so the hackers could do the job manufactures aren't doing. HTC doesn't even need to release anything. You can make your own ROM if you want for any HTC device. They saved a boat load of money just because the device can be hacked. Even if HTC released anything I wouldn't download it. Check out the Touch Pro upgrade sections at ppcgeeks and xda-developers. They have thousands of ROM's out for years in fact. The people here at TC are far from a support group.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  5. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #25  
    Posted August 21, 2007
    The Treo 700wx Updater v1.15 installs the latest software on your smartphone. It is designed to update your device while preserving your data. In some instances, user set preferences may not be retained after updating.


    Holy crap! This is the last piece of software released for by Palm for the 700wx. I can't believe they abandoned it over a year and half ago! Don't tell my wife, she loves her dead abandoned phone.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    That's Palm for ya. The 800 was one ROM/hardware update away from being a great device. Its cheaper to scrap it I guess. These bye-bye 800 threads wouldn't even exist if they fixed some of the issues. Hell I wish the device could be hacked so the hackers could do the job manufactures aren't doing. HTC doesn't even need to release anything. You can make your own ROM if you want for any HTC device. They saved a boat load of money just because the device can be hacked. Even if HTC released anything I wouldn't download it. Check out the Touch Pro upgrade sections at ppcgeeks and xda-developers. They have thousands of ROM's out for years in fact. The people here at TC are far from a support group.
    Too true. Nothing from Palm and nothing from the 800w community to address the bugs. At least they're going for next to nothing. $225 shipped brand new with no contract is a great price on a disposable pdaphone.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Check out the Touch Pro upgrade sections at ppcgeeks and xda-developers. They have thousands of ROM's out for years in fact.
    Having to flash your device with a custom ROM does not make it a good device--in fact, it's quite the opposite. It's a blemish on the WM world that end-users have to take it upon themselves to "fix" things that the manufacturer can't get right, it is not a selling point, especially for the the majority out there who don't use forums and just want something that works.

    While it is nice for "phone hobbyists" to have that option, this is a small and nearly irrelevant demographic and this "solution" will hurt WM more than help in the long run.

    < < Edited by Dieter > >

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Posted August 21, 2007
    The Treo 700wx Updater v1.15 installs the latest software on your smartphone. It is designed to update your device while preserving your data. In some instances, user set preferences may not be retained after updating.


    Holy crap! This is the last piece of software released for by Palm for the 700wx. I can't believe they abandoned it over a year and half ago! Don't tell my wife, she loves her dead abandoned phone.
    I am glad you brought this up. What a waste that they invested in this update for the 700wx. It is one the most stable devices I have owned. It didn't need this update at all. They update a great phone for no reason yet ditch its predessessor (sp?). What a shame. Also a shame that the 800 was no near is pleasurable to use than the 700wx. That was the Palm I wanted again.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I am glad you brought this up. What a waste that they invested in this update for the 700wx. It is one the most stable devices I have owned. It didn't need this update at all.
    Really? What a waste of an update for the 700wx?
    • High-speed dial up networking (DUN)1 supports USB and Bluetooth wireless technology connections (with Dual NAI support).
    • Advanced audio support (A2DP) enjoy your music in full stereo with new support for Bluetooth stereo headsets.
    • Hands-free enhancements Compatible with more Bluetooth headsets, Bluetooth carkits and the Palm wired carkit.
    • Additional SSL root certificates.


    The Treo 700wx Updater 1.15 for Sprint smartphones also addresses these issues:
    • Soft keyboard cannot be dismissed.
    • A Device freezing / locking up.
    • Improves device wake up performance
    • Time Zone and DST improvements.
    • Voice Mail Indicator audio interference
    • Bluetooth routing.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Nothing from Palm and nothing from the 800w community to address the bugs.



    Yup no releases or updates from Palm or the 800w community here.
  11. #31  
    I am glad they did the update don't get me wrong. My 700wx was as stable as can be. I never experienced any of the issue they fixed with that update.

    As for contributing. I don't have to. 90% of the people on here don't. They come to read up and hang out. Don't offend those who don't contribute. It's not in the rules that they have to.

    There is a reason why TC has lost over half the viewers on this site. The 800 is dead, Palm is dead and the members have moved on. Don't blame me, I didn't do it. The Mal and Ebag contributing aren't bringing them back either.

    Good luck to you, the 800 and TC for 2009. Maybe you guys will get lucky and Palm will get that miracle they are praying for.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  12. #32  
    Please stop feeding the trolls.
  13. #33  
    < < Edited by Dieter > >
  14. PianoJazz's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #34  
    < < Edited by Dieter > >
  15. #35  
    < < Edited by Dieter > >

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Then it should be easy for you to provide a statement by Palm that shows this.

    But since Malatesta has already asked for this several times without any response, looks like you can't. Which means that, yes, you are just starting and spreading rumors.
    i think thats a ridiculous proposition, because getting information for manufacturers is worse than pulling teeth. Try calling Palm and getting ANY kind of information even on currently released devices, say a gps explanation on the 800. Sprint has already CLEARLY stated that the 800 is being REPLACED by the Pro (check the link below in very clear language). The word replace would not be there if they were complimenting each other in Sprint's lineup. Now I propose why would Sprint lie about that to have Palm say something different? Obviously Sprint has more of the inside track on this than anyone here could, so there's no reason not to base conclusions off of Sprint's own language when there is no evidence to refute that.

    We get it some of you are Palm fanboys and will defend your device till the end of time, but its not less correct to say that the "haters" are wrong when that is what has been reported in the online media off Sprint documents. The truth so far as we know it to be is based on the documented information we have right now- which says its REPLACING the 800 until that is refuted by proof. When YOU GUYS have evidence to refute that documentation by all means post it but its not our job to gather evidence against our own supported claim. We've met our burden of proof showing evidence, simply stating "nuh uh that's not true or what is meant" is not a counter-argument. Until then what you guys are saying against that documentation is the only speculation occurring that the "haters" are being accused of.

    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/1...pink-instinct/
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 12/31/2008 at 06:17 PM.
  16. #36  
    Check the beginning of this thread. The OP thanked me. My contribution to this thread is just. It got out of hand when the whiners thought the truth should have been sugar coated. I was only in the forum to check my 10,000 viewed 400 replied 5 star thread when I told the truth. Don't worry I will not be hanging around here. It will be a ghost town in a few months anyway. Its already lame but people normally ditch a cancelled device. The Palm Treo Fiero is what it should have been called.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Don't worry I will not be hanging around here.
    Later

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  18. #38  
    Ebag, here is your truth.

    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2337291,00.asp


    Colligan also said that the Palm Treo Pro, currently available through limited AT&T and T-Mobile channels, will be launched "in partnership with a major U.S. carrier" over the next quarter.

    It also sounded like Palm won't have any upgrades for the existing Centro or their PDA lines, which include the Z22, E2 and T|X models. Apart from new Nova devices, Palm will focus on refreshing and expanding the Treo Pro line, Colligan said. The company will continue to sell PDAs, but not make any new ones, he said.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  19. #39  
    Funny how you left out this part.

    Palm will also continue to develop Windows Mobile products, Colligan said. The new OS will be targeted more towards consumer applications, where "Windows Mobile will continue to be our platform of choice for enterprise devices."
    And the part about PDA's:

    The company will continue to sell PDAs, but not make any new ones, he said.
    Refers to non-Smartphone PDA's, not smartphone PDA's. Other companies have made similar announcements, so there's no surprise there (except maybe that they haven't done this sooner).


    And where does it say "Colligan also said that the 800w sucks, and they are dropping all support for it"? I think I missed that part.

    The only truth in that article is already stuff we knew....plans in the works to release the Treo Pro to more carriers in the US (though interestingly enough, nothing about it being CDMA, which could imply another carrier picking up the GSM Pro), more hints on Nova, that they're going to continue to support their Windows Mobile devices, and they aren't going to be designing new non-smartphone PDA's.

    Nothing ground breaking, and nothing about the 800w. So I'm still waiting for a statement by Palm that they are dropping support for the 800w. In fact, the statement you left out implies otherwise, as the only WM products (as in plural) that they have out recently is the 800w and Pro.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 12/31/2008 at 07:00 PM.
  20. #40  
    Don't confuse him with facts. His mind is made up.

    So...is there an /ignore on this thing?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions