1.    #1  
    Ok, problems driving me up a wall.

1. Every time I soft-reset, the screen brightness resets itself to 10% and I have to manually adjust it back up to 50%. Why and how can I stop this?

2. Sound/volume works OK. But after I receive about 3 or 4 SMS's ALL the sounds mute themselves. No incoming call, no SMS, no reminder, no screen-taps, nothing - until I soft-reset. Any idea why this is happening?

These are the relevant programs (programs that MIGHT be the cause) I have installed and am running.
    I recently did a hard reset and started all over b/c I screwed up something so my "install" is fresh:
    Newest RealVGA @ 96dpi
    HomeScreen PlusPlus (aka Battery Status)
    phoneAlarm
    HideCarrier (800w) - (newest link that was up here a few days ago)
    Treo Alerts
    I have other pograms installed but I doubt they could be the cause of this...

Thanks in advance!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    I have had no sound on occasion as well. I did not correlate it to SMS messages but I will pay more attention next time. The only program that I have in common with you is Treo Alerts
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    Newest RealVGA @ 96dpi
    Did you install this first?

Sounds like something is goofed up. I'd hard reset again, and install the programs to make sure something didn't get screwed up.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Did you install this first?

Sounds like something is goofed up. I'd hard reset again, and install the programs to make sure something didn't get screwed up.
    For a long time I had your original RealVGA running but decided to do a hard resest a week ago so that I could upgrade to the new one w/ the "resized" dial pad. I've never had any problems before and this only started to happen with the new RealVGA. You're probably right though. I must have screwed something up during the initial install. It WAS the first thing I did but I suspect that when I started installing than uninstalling programs after that something either left behind a broken .ini file or a registry entry or something that's screweing up the unit. But you're probably right, I might have to redo everything and pay closer attention when I do the new RealVGA.
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Speaking of new RealVGA, I'm going to be uploading a new installer shortly.

This should work much better than the old one.