1.    #1  
    I got home from deployment just in time for Christmas and my wife purchased a Treo 800 for me since i had the 700wx. Thanks to the reviews on this site i was in time to read all of the things that were lacking with the 800 and turned it in for an HTC Touch Pro. I cant tell you how much i appreciate all of your opinions and although most of you have a knowledge level far above mine i do enjoy learning all that i do from here ) I will of course still be on this site since my wife inherited my 700wx )

Thanks again !
    Squid
    Just curious, but did you try the 800w at all?

Despite the extremely vocal comments by a select few people, the vast majority of people with an 800w are happy with it. There are some issues with it, but actually the majority of the bigger issues has already been resolved, either through official Palm/MS patches, or unofficial user created fixes.

Don't get me wrong, the Touch Pro is a great device, and if I could stand a slider it'd be what I'd go with in a heartbeat. They're two completely different form factors and two very different focuses.

If you liked your 700wx, chances are you'd be happy with the 800w. *shrug*
  3.    #3  
    I did have the 800 for 2 days. I did like it to be honest. I traded it in mostly for what the HTC has that the Treo didnt. The slide keyboard takes some getting used to but since i text/email so much i felt i needed it. The You Tube program that comes with the HTC is really really nice as well. All in all the Treo would have sufficed but the few extras that the HTC brings just surpassed the Treo in my book. That and the fact that Palm was cutting the 800 all together so lack of support from Palm was another huge factor.
    Palm isn't "cutting the 800w all together". They will continue to sell it, and support it.

Sprint may be dropping the 800w for the Pro, but that's not for sure yet (they may sell them side by side as they have done with plenty of other devices in the past). There are several people who continue to claim that Sprint is no longer selling the 800w, which at this point is completely untrue and is just guessing on their part.

If you liked the 800w you may like the Treo Pro which should hit late Jan. You could use your 30 days to swap to another phone, and then swap to the Treo Pro when it's released. I'd really highly suggest using multiple phones for an extended period of time (a week or more) before settling on one. That slider may not bother you now, but I've talked to several people who *HATED* the slider after using it for a while.

Just my two (economically depressed) cents.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Thank YOU serafin for your service. As a former soldier my self I am very thankful for folks like you willing to risk life and limb for your fellow Americans
    Thanks for your service.

Unfortunately the 800w is a much better phone in my book than the Touch Pro. It just goes to show that the misinformation campaign is working well.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'd also like to thank you for your service. I hope you know there are a lot of us who don't say it often enough, but who never forget what you're doing.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Ditching the 800 is a Holiday theme this year (even Sprint jumped on the bandwagon). Like you I also have the Touch Pro now. Although I am not a slider fan I quickly adapted. I have a few tweaks I got from PPCGeeks that clean up the Sprint ROM (folder for everything) plus registry hacks. The support for this device is sick. Thanks for serving and enjoy the new toy.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Couldnt agree more with this sentiment...Thank YOU for your service. we salute you!!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    There are several people who continue to claim that Sprint is no longer selling the 800w, which at this point is completely untrue and is just guessing on their part.
    Let's not make things up. No one has said that. What everyone, people happy with the 800w and people noting its flaws, noticed was its absence from the last several Sprint mailings, which included several new phones introduced before the 800w and several after, and its absence from most newspaper print ads. That is just an objective fact.

On howard and Sprintusers you have Sprint store techs saying they are stewing people away, that is not the same as not selling it.
    Thank you for your service Serafin and enjoy your Touch Pro. The larger Touch Pro user base affords you lots of people to chat with about the device.

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

On howard and Sprintusers you have Sprint store techs saying they are stewing people away, that is not the same as not selling it.
    Stirring people away and Sprint has the replacement Treo Pro coming soon.