Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Pandora working fine on RealVGA
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Version 1.1.4 works like a champ on my Treo Pro.
    TY
    Every song in Pandora 1.1.4 and 1.1.10 cuts off after about 3/4 through the song. Anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I have the exact same problem. It's pretty annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by akakar View Post
    Every song in Pandora 1.1.4 and 1.1.10 cuts off after about 3/4 through the song. Anyone else have this problem?
    My buddy on Sprint has that same exact
    problem. I on my GSM am fine. He tried
    his WiFi and it worked fine. For him it
    would seem to have to be something on the
    Sprint network causing the issue.?.

-D

PS WE ARE IN phoenix AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by akakar View Post

mine used to do that before i went into settings>system>backlight unchecked the boxes and settings>system>power and unchecked all those boxes too
    Crozb's buddy here.

I just tried disabling all auto turn off in backlight and power, no joy, songs cut off about 2/3 - 3/4 way through. If I turn on wifi and play via Wifi, things work just fine. Comparing bandwidth with Crozb, mine seems to be about the same as his via cellular, so something is weird here.

Pandora 1.1.10, Treo Pro, Sprint.

Any other ideas?

JC
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I hope we can get this worked out. With the headphone jack and an adapter, I could have free satellite type radio in the car. I'm currently doing that, but I'm only getting 3/4 of the songs.
    I downloaded the 1.1.4 cab onto my Sprint TP and am facing the same cut-off issue as people here. Anyone have a workaround or know if Pandora cares enough to actually release a supported version?
    Hello everyone. I'm getting to know many admin's & moderators- "berdinkerdickle Thank You, I've been looking for music for so long, thanks for that link to Pandora, I went there w/my new Treo Pro & it works perfect! I finally have music! Again, Thank you."
    This is another example of why I really like GSM. It seems Verizon and Sprint are always screwing their customers with dumbed down phones and/or network features. When was the last time a T-Mobile or AT&T customer said they got a phone with a feature disabled or only partial network access (iPhones excluded as those people deserve a dumbed down phone )

I am not trying to hijack this thread. At this point it looks like the issue with Pandora on the TPS is a Sprint issue. Maybe someone will have luck contacting them directly, but I am guessing their answer will be “we don’t support that model with Pandora at this time”. Also you guys might want to reach out to the XDA forum? Maybe one of the gurus on XDA has TPS and will look in to this issue for you.

Good Luck!

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    This is another example of why I really like GSM. It seems Verizon and Sprint are always screwing their customers with dumbed down phones and/or network features. When was the last time a T-Mobile or AT&T customer said they got a phone with a feature disabled or only partial network access (iPhones excluded as those people deserve a dumbed down phone )

I am not trying to hijack this thread. At this point it looks like the issue with Pandora on the TPS is a Sprint issue. Maybe someone will have luck contacting them directly, but I am guessing their answer will be “we don’t support that model with Pandora at this time”. Also you guys might want to reach out to the XDA forum? Maybe one of the gurus on XDA has TPS and will look in to this issue for you.

Good Luck!

-D
    1st of all man, just WOW. How is this a Sprint thing? So a phone came out not even a month now and a 3rd party DEV hasn't made a program for it, I guess it's the carrier's fault right This partially working program has been hacked to try to work on this phone, just give it some time.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Ok I own an HTC Touch, so not a Treo Pro.
    I went to Pandors's web site on PIE, downloaded the cab file from that site and it works perfectly, no skips, great sound, plays songs all the way through, I am no Sprint.
    Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintDaddy View Post
    1st of all man, just WOW. How is this a Sprint thing? So a phone came out not even a month now and a 3rd party DEV hasn't made a program for it, I guess it's the carrier's fault right This partially working program has been hacked to try to work on this phone, just give it some time.
    I thought that impatience was a required virtue of a WinMo user?

Guess I am still a little bitter over the whole AGPS 800W issue. I really do hope TP sprint users can start using Pandora soon as well.

-D
    Pandora is in my menu. Thanks to the Guru who gave us this link. It works fine on Both of my STP. i don't know why some people complain all it does is get you in trouble. Thanks for the Pandora my Treo Pro's work fine playing it's music.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Pandora is in my menu. Thanks to the Guru who gave us this link. It works fine on Both of my STP. i don't know why some people complain all it does is get you in trouble. Thanks for the Pandora my Treo Pro's work fine playing it's music.

Are you saying that using the linked program in this thread, on you Sprint Treo Pro, NOT on wifi, that Pandora works fine and plays the whole song for you?
    If you have a Sprint Treo Pro, and Pandora is cutting out near the end of each song when you are streaming over cellular (not WiFi), give this a shot...

I had this problem and after applying this hack, I'm able to listen to Pandora. After installing this cab, make sure you soft-reset before trying Pandora.

Explanation:
    This modifies your TCP receive window size to a sane value (found the clue over at ppcgeeks, although they suggested using Advanced Config which I won't touch, so I put together a cab file).

On a stock Sprint Treo Pro, the default value for receive window size is:
    0x65536 (hex) and I think it was supposed to be 65536 (decimal) which is the max receive window size without window scaling.

Probably someone at HTC/Palm simply made an editing mistake. Anyways, I actually reduced it to 32768 which is the same as the 800w and seems to work. You may sacrifice a little top-end throughput over WiFi, but if you want Pandora to work, well...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    zbop-
    Man you right on! I've just come back from listening to a 'whole song' & I'm here to say-- THANK YOU!!! -- just came back in from working on my Van & it sure is great to know I now have a radio! It works Perfect!
    I can only say if you can figure out a way to improve our reception on our Treo Pro's it would be great, that's my only difficuly I'm having.
    zbop- my 2 Treo Pro's & I say "Thanks I really appreciate it".
    Hey jump over to that post - What is an American & leave a reply.
    "Hey everybody KUDO'S to zbop".
    zbop-
    I kinda goofed, I should have asked you first but I did a linkback so evryone would know You solved the problem, I rated this post at 5 stars for You! Hey Thanks again;
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast