Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Welcome back to the Smartphone Round Robin! It sure has been lots of fun using the different smartphones this time around. I've used the AT&T Fuze, BlackBerry Bold, T-Mobile G1, and the iPhone 3G. And now I'm back home with the Palm Treo Pro, TreoCentral's Round Robin smartphone.

I'm sure all the other editors are as happy to be back home with their regular smartphones as I am. But I'm also sure that they had fun playing with all those other smartphones like I did. It was quite a learning experience discovering how all those smartphones compared to each other. Even though I'm happy to be back home with my Treo Pro, I'm going to miss the Bold, G1, and the Fuze. Luckily I don't have to miss the iPhone 3G since I happen to own one.

My Treo Pro video review is up. I've got a sore throat again and the audio sounds pathetic. Sorry!

Start commenting to be entered to win a Palm Treo Pro! Good luck everyone!

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    thanks for the review~! love it!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    haha, I had hoped that the round robing would make my next smartphone purchase an easier one... but there is something that I like about ALL of these phones! argh...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Sweet. It's on my list. I have the VX6800 and what I would give for the native ability to remove that darn blinking light! Thanks for the review.
    Sorry your year is ending with an illness. Hope you recover quickly. At least with your smartphones you can text, email, browse, etc. from the comfort of your bed! Drink lots of tea & honey--with a little whiskey if so inclined--known to be as effective as the expensive throat syrups and tastes better. I also suck zinc lozenges. If it lasts a week then see the doctor. Good luck!

If you had to use one of the smartphones other than a Treo, I take it you would choose the iPhone?
    Pre-what?
    Thanks for review.
    I may very well be investing in this device.
    I love the reviews of all of the round robin smartphones. It will definitely help in deciding my next phone as well.
    Thanks Jennifer!
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    great review.. would be great if some focus was spent on distinguishing between carrier service as well. Does the Unlocked GSM Treo Pro perform as well as the upcoming Sprint Treo Pro
    Sounded like you were using a walkie talkie to record the audio
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Great review. Between you and Dieter I know I want a Treo Pro. Can't wait.

By the way, if you can't use that stylus, send it this way instead of throwing it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    thank you for being a trooper and recording this, despite your not feeling well.

i am enjoying the perspectives of the "state of the smartphone art".

i am holding off and impatiently awaiting the next iteration of the treo with the palm os replacement--i cannot bring myself to purchase a windows mobile device nor to switch to at&t for an iphone.

happy new year!
    Glad to see you back with your Treo.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    good stuff
    Great reviews, feel better.

Happy New Year
    graylion
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by devonair View Post
    haha, I had hoped that the round robing would make my next smartphone purchase an easier one... but there is something that I like about ALL of these phones! argh...
    That's exactly the way that I feel! I like something about all of them. I wish I could get them all but that would seem cuckoo and besides, that's too much money to even think about forking out.

I guess you need to think about whether or not you want a sliding keyboard. Would you rather have a full front facing QWERTY right there at your fingertips at all times? Or does it bother you to have to slide out a keyboard? And remember that you'd more than likely have to use both hands with a slide out keyboard.

And think about how important a touch screen is to you. All the smartphones we used except for the Bold were touchscreens. Of course the Storm is now out there, but I really haven't heard many great things about the Storm.

I wish you much luck in making your decision!!!! I know you'll have fun looking at all the different phones like a kid in a candy store!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    Sorry your year is ending with an illness. Hope you recover quickly. At least with your smartphones you can text, email, browse, etc. from the comfort of your bed! Drink lots of tea & honey--with a little whiskey if so inclined--known to be as effective as the expensive throat syrups and tastes better. I also suck zinc lozenges. If it lasts a week then see the doctor. Good luck!

If you had to use one of the smartphones other than a Treo, I take it you would choose the iPhone?
    Thanks Geo-Treo! I feel better but sound horrible. LOL, it's a good thing that I recorded that audio for the video when I did because my voice sounded like a croaking frog the next day and still does.heehee! I love drinking hot tea but don't have any honey or whiskey to add.

Hmmm, if I had to use one of the smartphones other than a Treo, well, I'd use my Centro as it's my favorite smartphone. Then the Treo Pro, then the iPhone. My iPhone is more like my entertainment device actually. But it certainly does serve well as a phone too. My Centro is just the perfect size for me and I prefer to keep up with all my PIM stuff on it since I much prefer the Palm OS.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by yulmbutler View Post
    thank you for being a trooper and recording this, despite your not feeling well.

i am enjoying the perspectives of the "state of the smartphone art".

i am holding off and impatiently awaiting the next iteration of the treo with the palm os replacement--i cannot bring myself to purchase a windows mobile device nor to switch to at&t for an iphone.

happy new year!

Thanks for your kind words!

I can understand you wanting to wait for the next generation platform Treo with Palm OS. I also understand why you wouldn't want to have to switch carriers to get the iPhone.

At least we don't have very long to wait to hear what Palm says about the upcoming platform. I've got my fingers crossed that they'll tell and show us something great on January 8th.

Happy New Year to you too!!!!
  18.    #18  
    Thanks to all of you for your kind words and commenting in the thread!

I wish all of you the very best of luck in the contest and a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!!!!

We're extending the Round Robin until January 10th, so you got some extra days to comment for a chance to win a shiny new Treo Pro from TreoCentral!
    great review
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Welcome back to the Smartphone Round Robin! It sure has been lots of fun using the different smartphones this time around. I've used the AT&T Fuze, BlackBerry Bold, T-Mobile G1, and the iPhone 3G. And now I'm back home with the Palm Treo Pro, TreoCentral's Round Robin smartphone.

I'm sure all the other editors are as happy to be back home with their regular smartphones as I am. But I'm also sure that they had fun playing with all those other smartphones like I did. It was quite a learning experience discovering how all those smartphones compared to each other. Even though I'm happy to be back home with my Treo Pro, I'm going to miss the Bold, G1, and the Fuze. Luckily I don't have to miss the iPhone 3G since I happen to own one.

I did a video review on the Treo Pro went over the hardware and some of the apps. I have another good ole sore throat so please excuse the horrible sounding audio. I recorded myself first and then did the video part. I was afraid I might lose my voice and figured I'd better go ahead and record the audio part first. I'll definitely be buying a digital voice recorder in the future. I was using a mini cassette recorder that I bought a several years ago.[/B]
    Why would you need another device to record voice recordings if you have a Treo?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast