Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    We're extending the Round Robin until January 10th, so you got some extra days to comment for a chance to win a shiny new Treo Pro from TreoCentral!
    Not to seem ungrateful but I was hoping to be done with 2008 and get on with what will undoubtedly be a rough 2009. What's the point of extending the Round Robin? You're finished. We have nothing new to say. Participation has been good. Oh, well.
    Pre-what?
    Thanks for all of the reviews!
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
  3. JwY
    It was an interesting Round Robin. I wonder what devices will be out next year around this time.
    Thanks for the reviews...wish I was you and could try all of them...I am such a nerd!
    Welcome back to the Smartphone Round Robin! It sure has been lots of fun using the different smartphones this time around. I've used the AT&T Fuze, BlackBerry Bold, T-Mobile G1, and the iPhone 3G. And now I'm back home with the Palm Treo Pro, TreoCentral's Round Robin smartphone.

I'm sure all the other editors are as happy to be back home with their regular smartphones as I am. But I'm also sure that they had fun playing with all those other smartphones like I did. It was quite a learning experience discovering how all those smartphones compared to each other. Even though I'm happy to be back home with my Treo Pro, I'm going to miss the Bold, G1, and the Fuze. Luckily I don't have to miss the iPhone 3G since I happen to own one.

My Treo Pro video review is up. I've got a sore throat again and the audio sounds pathetic. Sorry!

Start commenting to be entered to win a Palm Treo Pro! Good luck everyone!

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    I would assume that all you guys would choose the device you own as your favorite.
    A BB user is going to choose BB as their favorite. Iphone user is going to choose Iphone.
    What would be your second choice?
    Just call me Berd.
    great review. thank you.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    After 6 years with the palm phones I will snuggle up to the Treo pro in few months. My 755p has some of the first phone numbers I entered back in 2000 on my handspring. Thanks for the review.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i agree with your comment on wifi button! though i am happy seeing palm finally adding wifi but not in days of 3g! i would have been more than happy seeing wifi 2-3 yrs back. i feel there are other imp shortcuts then just having a wifi shortcut!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    i agree with your comment on wifi button! though i am happy seeing palm finally adding wifi but not in days of 3g! i would have been more than happy seeing wifi 2-3 yrs back. i feel there are other imp shortcuts then just having a wifi shortcut!
    Appreciate that many of us do not have 3G coverage where we live or travel. Wifi is common, sometimes covering entire downtowns for free, so having one-touch access is wonderful. For us, wifi makes it possible to use a smartphone effectively. Even those lucky enough to live in a 3G area can benefit from wifi's much greater speed, coverage inside buildings, and lower phone data plan cost.
    Pre-what?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    Appreciate that many of us do not have 3G coverage where we live or travel. Wifi is common, sometimes covering entire downtowns for free, so having one-touch access is wonderful. For us, wifi makes it possible to use a smartphone effectively. Even those lucky enough to live in a 3G area can benefit from wifi's much greater speed, coverage inside buildings, and lower phone data plan cost.
    ofcourse appreciate thats y i said "i am happy seeing wifi". i m that lucky who use wifi when at home but unfortunately not at school & clinic as the signal is shaky with phone. so i feel there could have been something else/more than just wifi as a shortcut.
  11.    #31  
    I would assume that all you guys would choose the device you own as your favorite.
    A BB user is going to choose BB as their favorite. Iphone user is going to choose Iphone.
    What would be your second choice?
    My Centro is a favorite over my Treo Pro. After those two smartphones, I guess my favorite is the iPhone. But to be honest, I use my iPhone more than I do the Treo Pro. I have started using the Treo Pro more since I was using it in the Round Robin though.
    Thanks,

Dr. Tyrell over at Android Central posted this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tyrell View Post
    iPhone = 3 (Casey, Jennifer, Kevin)
    Bold = 1 (Rene)
    G1 = 1 (Dieter)
    Treo = 0
    Fuze = 0
    I replied:
    Quote Originally Posted by berd View Post
    Thanks,
    I totally missed that.

That tells me that no matter what their preferred first device, if they couldn't have the phone they had, they'd prolly get an iphone.

Interesting.
    So the iphone seems to be the next fav.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    TPro is fast becoming my new favorite device, and I am considering switching to it from a Nokia E71.

Thanks for the excellent reviews!
  14.    #34  
    Not to seem ungrateful but I was hoping to be done with 2008 and get on with what will undoubtedly be a rough 2009. What's the point of extending the Round Robin? You're finished. We have nothing new to say. Participation has been good. Oh, well.
    Sorry about dragging it out! We didn't all get finished with everything in the allotted time. Some of us still have reviews to write up. The holidays and other stuff put us behind. We really wanted to be done on time.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I love switching between phones. The Treo Pro seems to be awesome. The only major thing about the iPhone that bugs me is the inability for apps to run in the background, effectively killing instant messengers like Yahoo. Fix that Apple and you're the king.
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Sorry about dragging it out! We didn't all get finished with everything in the allotted time. Some of us still have reviews to write up. The holidays and other stuff put us behind. We really wanted to be done on time.
    That's ironic considering that the Smartphone Experts are allegedly the masters at fast-paced, on-the-go, multitasking! I guess it goes to show that even technology experts have a hard time managing deadlines. My wife, who says she does not want a phone that is smarter than she is, was laughing at this news!
    Pre-what?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    give me the phones and I can write the reviews for free =D
    Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    Jennifer sorry you have been sick I can relate. Thanks for your review of the treo pro. Like other posters haver mentioned I think the pro and other devices in the round robin have their good points and their bad points. I dont particularly care for sliders so I am not keen on the fuze or G1 but if I win one I'l learn to use it. If I win a bold I will learn to use a device without a touchscreen. If I will a treo I will happiest of al the devices.
    can this be unsticked now as round robin is obsolete now?
    I wonder what the fate of the Treo Pro will be when Nova is released? Many months ago Palm indicated that "business" models would run Windows Mobile and "consumer" models would run Nova. Today, maintaining two operating systems in a down economy seems like a bad idea, and smartphones have become capable of doing everything so the business/consumer distinction makes less sense. The end of the Treo Pro in a year? I guess it will become a little clearer tomorrow.
    Pre-what?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast