1.    #1  
    Got mine shortly after I got my phone. And, like most of us, I tend to install as much as I can to the card to conserve main space. And I tend to try out quite a bit of new software. At one point, something misbehaved enough to force a hard reset. Since then, some programs argue about being reinstalled on the card, others aren't behaving normally, while some are OK. And the file manager has issues reading parts of the card.

I'm pretty much a techie -- solved all kinds of issues with PCs & one of my phones. But I've never had card problems before. Since it's likely to be a few days before I can go buy a replacement, is it likely a reformat will solve my problems? Or am I likely looking at a blown card that needs replacing?

TIA

Bill
    Sorry, I'm not sure.

In the past when I had trouble with a card, I would move the stuff on it to my PC, Format the card, and then try putting things back on it a few at a time.

On another note.
    You said; 'And I tend to try out quite a bit of new software. At one point, something misbehaved enough to force a hard reset.'
    A suggestion; once you get things going again, take a look at the 'Sticky' entitled; 'New to Pro, Read this'
    It might help prevent you from having to reinstall so much every time you try new s/w.
    I try a lot of s/w, play with all kinds of stuff, and I don't worry too much, because of having good 'Restore Points'

Hope this helps.
    The card may not be formatted in FAT32, or formatted properly, either can cause issues.

Also, if you have a cheaper card those can have a lot more issues. Make sure you have a quality card (I use nothing but SanDisk).
    Get a fast one if you are running software off it. The larger they are the slower they are. Spend a bit more to get one that is at least Class 4 or 6.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The card may not be formatted in FAT32, or formatted properly, either can cause issues.

Also, if you have a cheaper card those can have a lot more issues. Make sure you have a quality card (I use nothing but SanDisk).
    I've only seen Sandisk, so far for the 16s. So, that's what I have. But your comment about the formatting makes me think I need to do that before replacing it.
    For what itīs worth, I tried both the 16gb class 2 and an 8gb class 6 sandisk card. I stuck with the 8gb class 6 card. Yes itīs half the size but with the 16gb card I was getting error messages executing programs stored on the card. Until sandisk comes out with a 16gb class 6 card, I am sticking with the 8gb class 6 card.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPalmer View Post
    For what itīs worth, I tried both the 16gb class 2 and an 8gb class 6 sandisk card. I stuck with the 8gb class 6 card. Yes itīs half the size but with the 16gb card I was getting error messages executing programs stored on the card. Until sandisk comes out with a 16gb class 6 card, I am sticking with the 8gb class 6 card.
    Thanks for that, John. That's two who've highlighted the "need for speed" when running stuff off the card.