1.    #1  
    My Treo 800w has been growing some wierd files in My Documents. One is named
    WM_9215, another WM_9F9E

They're all .TMP.... which of course on Windows for desktops are temp files, safe to delete. Any idea why these keep showing up? I have about 20 of these puppies, and they're just clogging up my My Docs folder ( file clutter annoys me ). Will Win Mo freak if I trash em? Dont' want to anger it.. I'm still a new convert from Palm OS and don't always know what will anger this OS.

Thanks.
    Rob
    Visit my smartphone website :
    Smartphone Reviews
    Reviews & news on all smartphones - including the Treo line.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Never heard of those before. Perhaps some application you installed is putting them there.

Did you try opening them up in a text editor?
    Some program you are running is putting those there. Dunno what.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Never heard of those before. Perhaps some application you installed is putting them there.

Did you try opening them up in a text editor?
    Text editor just shows jibberish ( notepad and wordpad ). Still lost.
    Visit my smartphone website :
    Smartphone Reviews
    Reviews & news on all smartphones - including the Treo line.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Can you attach one here? Also, list the programs you have installed.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I've had similarly named files show up after I've played a video file. After you close WM Player, you should be able to delete them just fine.

Randal

Quote Originally Posted by leroybrown71 View Post
    My Treo 800w has been growing some wierd files in My Documents. One is named
    WM_9215, another WM_9F9E

They're all .TMP.... which of course on Windows for desktops are temp files, safe to delete. Any idea why these keep showing up? I have about 20 of these puppies, and they're just clogging up my My Docs folder ( file clutter annoys me ). Will Win Mo freak if I trash em? Dont' want to anger it.. I'm still a new convert from Palm OS and don't always know what will anger this OS.

Thanks.
    Rob