Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For anyone who's done this hack (and is knowledgeable in what they're actually doing in QPST)...

While I was in QPST I was playing with the sound volume levels (setting all the volume options to the maximum). Now, maybe it was because I hard reset, but I've noticed that I've been dropping my volume level one 'tick' lower than normal. I first wrote it off to a fluke, but I've hard reset a second time since then, and noticed the same thing.

I previously had in-call volumes at tick #4. Now I have it one tick lower (tick #3).

It might just a fluke...so has anyone else played with these, and noticed a difference?

/me edits

And it's rather sad that I even have to request this, but can we please keep discussion and comments only on the volume level changes and whether a difference is noticed or not. We all already know peoples opinion's, the purpose of this thread is not to rehash whether or not you think it's loud enough or not.
    I won't count myself as someone knowledgeable of what they are doing in QPST. However, I made the same changes as you and unless my ears are deceiving me, I have noticed an increase in volume.

I noticed that I do not need to increase my volume after a soft reset. The volume is already at the level I selected in QPST.

One thing I did notice is QPST did not give me the highest volume setting. The highest selection it allowed was Level 4. Were you able to set your volume higher than Level 4?
  3.    #3  
    QPST volumes work differently from the phone volumes.

There's actually a *HUGE* range you can set your phone volume to within WM, Palm chose to create 6 'ticks' within that range, and each tick might represent 10000 volume settings (I don't remember the number off hand, but it's large).

I suspect the QPST settings are actually base settings, or perhaps hardware settings.

Anyway, in QPST you only get up to 4.
  4.    #4  
    Bump for someone else testing this.

Mal, Zbop, I know you were both in there!
    eh...sick day today. all pukey and shut.

plus at work (no QPST) but will try and goof around tonight/tomorrow
  6.    #6  
    I hate it when I'm all "pukey and shut". Being "shut" is the worst!

7.    #7  
    Bump. Maybe someone other than poor, sick Mal can test....
    Testing now..switched to level 4. Will post results later...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    (I hate to say this but....)

You may need a hard reset for the settings to take effect. I didn't notice a different after changing it and a soft reset, but I wasn't paying attention....
    Just did 5 soft resets, stayed the sam at level 4. Small improvement on sound. I can hard reset later tonight. Then post again...
  11.    #11  
    So that's 3 that believe they hear a (possibly slight) improvement in sound, and 0 who don't.

So far so good...

As far as the hard reset goes, I don't *BELIEVE* that one is needed (it shouldn't). I merely included that as a disclaimer.

It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a huge difference in sound volume. QPST volume is set to 3 IIRC, so going to 4 wouldn't be a huge jump.

That being said, any improvement is good improvement.

If a couple more people confirm this, I will post a new thread with instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    So that's 3 that believe they hear a (possibly slight) improvement in sound, and 0 who don't.

So far so good...

As far as the hard reset goes, I don't *BELIEVE* that one is needed (it shouldn't). I merely included that as a disclaimer.

It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a huge difference in sound volume. QPST volume is set to 3 IIRC, so going to 4 wouldn't be a huge jump.

That being said, any improvement is good improvement.

If a couple more people confirm this, I will post a new thread with instructions.
    I agree, there doesn't seem to be a need for a hard reset. Their is a bit better & stronger volume sound, I think we're good. I'm actually tempted to move the other sounds by 1

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  13.    #13  
    Which one did you adjust?
    Actually going to do it now, brb.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It seems louder to me.

Hard to tell though, but I'm getting that impression.

Edit:

<-- Oh snap, my 5k post! That's it, I'm done and retiring everyone. It's be fun!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It seems louder to me.

Hard to tell though, but I'm getting that impression.

Edit:

<-- Oh snap, my 5k post! That's it, I'm done and retiring everyone. It's be fun!
    Congrats!

O.K. I only adjusted the one's that had a number: Ear Piece and Key Beep
    I went from the 2 to a 3...let's see what happen's.

*Edit*
    I just went back (grew some huevos) and added a 1 to Speaker Volume, it was blank and looked lonely
    Last edited by reverendrhino; 12/30/2008 at 09:20 PM.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I just went back (grew some huevos) and added a 1 to Speaker Volume, it was blank and looked lonely
    You can change any of the volume settings without causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Congrats!
    Yeah, I wasn't sure so I was being safe. I think tomorrow the 1's will be a 3, because I live on the edge
  19.    #19  
    I don't believe that many of them effect the 800w, as Palm does some off their own thing (like the way they handle ringtones). But hey, any improvement is better than no improvement....
    Since you said that, all my sound settings are at 4.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast