1.    #1  
    can anyone direct me to a working skin for Throttlelauncher, that works on the treo 800?thnx
  2.    #2  
    bump
    throttlelauncher removes the carrier line, meaning it will break your treo. sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    can anyone direct me to a working skin for Throttlelauncher, that works on the treo 800?thnx
    http://www.throttlelauncher.com/portal/

If you DL the latest releae (0.9.5 or something) it comes w/ the TF3D skin, which is what I'm using (see pic).

As far as the carrier line, if you use the new 'HideCarrier' plugin, you will have no issues. http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=174640

HOWEVER!! After you install TL, you MUST UNPIN it and PIN 'Active Call' (TL install unpins it). Also, make sure you do NOT have "outside today scrolling panel" checked b/c that will pin TL again and unpin 'active call.'

Also, if you don't want to hide your softkeys, set the hight to 267 this will also eliminate a scrollbar.

..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    http://www.throttlelauncher.com/portal/

If you DL the latest releae (0.9.5 or something) it comes w/ the TF3D skin, which is what I'm using (see pic).

As far as the carrier line, if you use the new 'HideCarrier' plugin, you will have no issues. http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=174640

HOWEVER!! After you install TL, you MUST UNPIN it and PIN 'Active Call' (TL install unpins it). Also, make sure you do NOT have "outside today scrolling panel" checked b/c that will pin TL again and unpin 'active call.'

Also, if you don't want to hide your softkeys, set the hight to 267 this will also eliminate a scrollbar.

good news.
    do you still have the dial lookup?
    are you happy with the thrrotle speed?
    can i still hane pocketbreeze with this launcher?
    and finally, how do i unpin it and pin the active call?
    thnx
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 01/07/2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: questions
    BTW, I forgot to mention I'm running RealVGA so I don't know how it will look at 128dpi (so unless you're @ 96, you might have to test it).

- Yes, w/ the new 'hide carrier' plugin nothing is affected except the absence of the carrier bar. So when you start typing a name or number the lookup screen pops up.
    - Speed of TL is fine. At first I thought it was slow but then in the options I found an fps setting it then I realized that it is not the program that is slow, just the frame rate at which the skin was changing. So I put mine down to like 14 and it runs faster and smoother now. However, don't forget this is a large plugin (and I don't mean screen-real-estate-wise) so it takes 2-3 seconds longer to load that say phoneAlarm, HTC Home, or Hi-Navigator, but unless you're changing themes or reseting your phone it doesn't need to reload it self. As far as phone speed, I have not noticed any decreased performance in other apps or anything else... YMMV...
    - I don't use pocketbreeze so I can't say, but you can incorporate some today plugins into some of the tabs. If you look at the 2nd tab w/ all the gears next to the home tab, that is made for today plugins. But know that like UltimateLaunch, some plugins will NOT show up (tasks, calendar) but that seems to be a problem w/ a lot of these type of programs where you can incorporate today plugins. (As far as tasks and calendar, they're displayed on the 'home tab.' If you notice small arrow that means you can just "pull" the sceen down and there are more functions there.
    - SKTools is best for pinning/unpinning. If you don't have it, you can unpin this plugin in the registry by changing "type" from 5 to 4, and by changing the "active call" "type" from 4 to 5.

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  7.    #7  
    BTW, I forgot to mention I'm running RealVGA so I don't know how it will look at 128dpi (so unless you're @ 96, you might have to test it).

- Yes, w/ the new 'hide carrier' plugin nothing is affected except the absence of the carrier bar. So when you start typing a name or number the lookup screen pops up.
    - Speed of TL is fine. At first I thought it was slow but then in the options I found an fps setting it then I realized that it is not the program that is slow, just the frame rate at which the skin was changing. So I put mine down to like 14 and it runs faster and smoother now. However, don't forget this is a large plugin (and I don't mean screen-real-estate-wise) so it takes 2-3 seconds longer to load that say phoneAlarm, HTC Home, or Hi-Navigator, but unless you're changing themes or reseting your phone it doesn't need to reload it self. As far as phone speed, I have not noticed any decreased performance in other apps or anything else... YMMV...

- I don't use pocketbreeze so I can't say, but you can incorporate some today plugins into some of the tabs. If you look at the 2nd tab w/ all the gears next to the home tab, that is made for today plugins. But know that like UltimateLaunch, some plugins will NOT show up (tasks, calendar) but that seems to be a problem w/ a lot of these type of programs where you can incorporate today plugins. (As far as tasks and calendar, they're displayed on the 'home tab.' If you notice small arrow that means you can just "pull" the sceen down and there are more functions there.
    - SKTools is best for pinning/unpinning. If you don't have it, you can unpin this plugin in the registry by changing "type" from 5 to 4, and by changing the "active call" "type" from 4 to 5.

thank you for your educating answers. will try and report.
    thnx again.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    SKTools is best for pinning/unpinning. If you don't have it, you can unpin this plugin in the registry by changing "type" from 5 to 4, and by changing the "active call" "type" from 4 to 5.
    Where is the registry value to pin/unpin?

Thanks!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    If someone get's this running without realvga, could you post some screenshots?
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Where is the registry value to pin/unpin?

Thanks!
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Active Call"
    'Type' should be 5

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\ThrottleToday
    'Type' should be 4

11.    #11  
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Active Call"
    'Type' should be 5

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\ThrottleToday
    'Type' should be 4

did what you said, and still when i press the keyboard on today screen, the dial lookup does not start. any idea why?
    if you're using the newest 'hadecarrier' the lookup will popup if what you're typing has an entry. if not, it will disappear but you will still be typing it. that's a bug w/ the 'hidecarrier' not w/ this. i believe they talk about that in that post.
    PLUS, make sure that you don't have a check mark next to "outside today scrolling panel" in the TL options b/c that will keep re-pinning it...

13.    #13  
    if you're using the newest 'hadecarrier' the lookup will popup if what you're typing has an entry. if not, it will disappear but you will still be typing it. that's a bug w/ the 'hidecarrier' not w/ this. i believe they talk about that in that post.
    PLUS, make sure that you don't have a check mark next to "outside today scrolling panel" in the TL options b/c that will keep re-pinning it...

ok. thnx
  14.    #14  
    any one tried this?
    is there a way to get rid of the soft keys on 0.9.5?
    thnx
    you can try dcinobar.exe (search around for it, it is on here) that will hide the soft keys for you.

yeah i learned this the hard way and had to restart my phone