1.    #1  
    Hello, anyone have any recommendations for a good email client for the 800w? The built-in, is okay. I've been testing out FlexMail some. I've been looking around for reviews, but it seems like no one is reviewing them ... why? are there any to review? searching on the various sites, can't find much of anytime. I need something that can sync with an Exchange server as well as POP3. Integration with SMS is cool too. Thanks in advance!
    There really is very little available. I use Flexmail and have been very happy with it for my IMAP account. POutlook automatically picked up my Exchange account, so I just left it at that.
    I also use Flexmail, having left PO in just a few days after I obtained my 800W. I had bunches of problems receiving/sending, et cetera and was not about to beat the head against the wall. After looking around, Flexmail appeared, tried it and though it has speed issues on occasion, it is stable and handles IMAP/POP very well.
    I use Flexmail for my GMail only as Flexmail doesn't work with WinMo 6.1 and MAPI accounts properly. FlexMail say it's a Windows problem but that still means that their product isn't compatible.
    So I have 2 separate email plugins on my Today screen...
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    what is flex mail
    Really on the MAPI thing? It works on mine, just never on Hotmail - is that where you are coming from? The format used by Hotmail has always been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    I use Flexmail for my GMail only as Flexmail doesn't work with WinMo 6.1 and MAPI accounts properly. FlexMail say it's a Windows problem but that still means that their product isn't compatible.
    So I have 2 separate email plugins on my Today screen...
    the latest beta has a potential fix for hotmail users (I am not one of them)
    Yes the new beta does fix the Hotmail issue after I badgered WebIS to do something about it. However I'm not too convinced about the stability. I'm getting lockups and freezes and the other day I lost my Google Mail storage and had to recreate the account then redownload all the mail again.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    GMail, Hotmail, Exchange, Newsgroups, and RSS all on the same Windows Mobile (WM5 and up) reader, with HTML, links, & attachments all working.
    It is not a new reader- it’s qmail (qmail3) version 3.0.7. I am not an expert, and don’t have a clue as to all of the filter settings and crap that you can do with it, but I did figure out how to get all of the above working in ONE PROGRAM! Below are the workarounds and settings that I discovered.
    I previously used Qusnetsoft reader for NNTP and RSS and Flexmail 4 for email. I was unhappy with the Flexmail viewer (no touch scrolling; scroll bar with stylus only) and email navigation from open mail to folders a bit of a pain. Qusnetsoft took too long to sync (nice interface though). I had used QMail3 before and liked it, but still use Hotmail and was bummed by MSN no longer supporting POP.

First… Download QMail (Download QMAIL 3.0.7 for Windows Mobile PocketPC / Windows Mobile Smartphone - QMAIL is a powerful email client for Windows Mobile. - Softpedia) for WM.
    Then, for each account, In QMail, <Menu<Tool<Account<Add Account

GMAIL
    Name=Gmail (or whatever)
    Class=mail
    Incoming=POP3 (or IMAP, but I’ll cover POP3 settings)
    Outgoing=SMTP Then tap “OK”
    In General Tab…
    Incoming=pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing=smtp.gmail.com
    Name=your name
    Address=your email
    Reply-To=your email
    In User Tab…
    Username=your Gmail Login Name
    Password=your GMail Password
    Check Authenticate
    Username=your Gmail Login Name
    Password=your GMail Password
    In Details Tab…
    Incoming mail Port=995
    Secure=SSL
    Outgoing mail Port=465
    Secure=SSL
    All other Settings are fine or adjust at your discretion.

HOTMAIL
    First off, if you are not living in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, or the Netherlands (Where MSN has made POP for hotmail available again) you’ll need to change your location in Windows Live or Hotmail to reflect that you now live in one of those places. The site I used for these settings is Hack to Enable Hotmail POP3 and SMTP Support Instantly for All Countries » My Digital Life Once this is done, the Qmail settings are as follows…
    Name=Hotmail (or whatever)
    Class=mail
    Incoming=POP3
    In General Tab…
    Incoming=pop3.live.com
    Outgoing=smtp.live.com
    Name=your name
    Address=your email
    Reply-To=your email
    In User Tab…
    Username=your Hotmail Login Name
    Password=your Hotmail Password
    Check Authenticate
    Username=your Hotmail Login Name
    Password=your Hotmail Password
    In Details Tab…
    Incoming mail Port=995
    Secure=SSL
    Outgoing mail Port=25
    Secure=SSL

Exchange
    Not all exchange servers will work this way- your admin must have access enabled. I work for a school district and they have a web interface. Here are the QMail settings that get me in.
    Name=Work (or whatever)
    Class=mail
    Incoming=POP3
    In General Tab…
    Incoming=www.your domain name.web access suffix eg. Avondale Elementary School District
    Outgoing=.your domain name.web access suffix eg. Avondale Elementary School District
    Name=your name
    Address=your email
    Reply-To=your email
    In User Tab…
    Username=your Domain/Login Name eg. Avondale/JPerkins
    Password=your Exchange Password
    Check Authenticate
    Username=your Domain/Login Name eg. Avondale/JPerkins
    Password=your Exchange Password
    In Details Tab…
    Incoming mail Port=143 (auto selected)
    Secure=none
    Outgoing mail Port=25 (auto selected)
    Secure=none

Newsgroups
    Name=newsgroups (or whatever)
    Class=news
    Incoming=NNTP
    Outgoing=NNTP Then tap “OK”
    In General Tab… (Check with your service provider for NNTP access settings- here’s some for AT&T)
    Incoming=news.sf.sbcglobal.net
    Outgoing= news.sf.sbcglobal.net
    Name=your name (any name)
    Address=your email
    Reply-To=your email
    In User Tab…
    Username=your service provider’s login eg. yourname@sbcglobal.net
    Password=your service provider’s Password
    Check Authenticate
    Username=your service provider’s login eg. yourname@sbcglobal.net
    Password=your service provider’s Password
    In Details Tab…
    Incoming mail Port=119 (auto selected)
    Secure=none
    Outgoing mail Port=119 (auto selected)
    Secure=none

RSS
    Name=RSS (or whatever)
    Class=rss
    Incoming=RSS
    Outgoing=Blog Then tap “OK”
    Then tap “OK” and Then tap “OK” again
    Select RSS from drop-down menu, tap-and-hold in the blank white space and select Subscribe to Feed…
    Enter Feed Site eg. NPR : National Public Radio : News & Analysis, World, US, Music & Arts Tap Next
    The Name should auto select (if you are connected to the internet). Tap “OK”

I use an HTC Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) w/cooked diamond rom 6.1 and I don’t have a data plan- I have WIFI at home @ work, so I needed something that could load everything onto my device for offline viewing when out-n-about. If you open a message then tap ok, then <Menu<Edit<Select All then tap-and-hold any off the messages, select <Mark<Mark Download, then do a Sync or Roundup again (you can find these by tapping and holding icons on the bottom toolbar) you can download full emails/news articles/etc. Hope this helps someone

nate