1.    #1  
    does anyone know why pocket outlook auto deletes my mail? if i send a test mail then do a send/receive, the mail comes in just fine. if i do a send/receive again the mail is deleted from my device, as well as from my mailbox on the server.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    What mail protocol is it, POP, IMAP, Exchange? Are you downloading the email on your desktop mail client? Are you deleting the mail?
  3.    #3  
    pop and imap. no and no.
  4.    #4  
    i think i have it figured out. not a very logical solution off the bat though. i went into pocket outlook...

menu>tools>options>storage tab
    changed the drop down box value from "On connect/disconnect" to "Immediately". The "Manually" setting fixes this too but i stuck with "Immediately".

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson19401 View Post
    i think i have it figured out. not a very logical solution off the bat though. i went into pocket outlook...

menu>tools>options>storage tab
    changed the drop down box value from "On connect/disconnect" to "Immediately". The "Manually" setting fixes this too but i stuck with "Immediately".

i'm confused, wouldn't setting it to "immediately" still delete the email?

i think that storage setting only is supposed to delete the mail in the trash bin.

this sounds like it is deleting the email from his inbox.

i know win mobile does some stupid stuff where it will only keep messages so many days old or "all" messages. both which sucks because the "all" messages means if you delete them off the phone, but not the server, it will re-download them every time you sync. I know a lot of email i have for work i do not need to keep on my phone but i keep it in my inbox on my laptop.
  6.    #6  
    i'm confused, wouldn't setting it to "immediately" still delete the email?
    i thought that too.

this sounds like it is deleting the email from his inbox.
    it is. when set that way that is...

"all" messages means if you delete them off the phone, but not the server, it will re-download them every time you sync.
    this didn't happen... which is weird also