Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I'm really not a fan of the BB (this is my 1st) but I was so desparate to get something less bulky than my 755P that I decided to try it. While there's several things I don't like about the Curve, one of them being the keyboard, I do like the screen size and clarity / readability. Is anyone able to comment on the screen & keyboard? I have several days left on my 30 day trial period before I decide whether or not to keep the BB Curve.

Thanks
    Is up to you, as far as I know BB have one of the best keyboards out there, other than the Motorola q9h and previous Treo models.

I'm ok with the Treo Pro's KB, now they could've made it in the smiley design and then more just a little bit more set apart, but other than that I like the Treo Pro's KB. In comparison to the BB Curve's KB I would choose the Treo 650's instead.
    I was on the fence regarding buying the Curve. I kept going back to the store trying it out and comparing it to my Pro. I think the Curve's keyboard is better in that it is bigger and the keys are easier to depress. The Pro's keyboard is smaller and stiffer. However, the Curve just felt cheap and "plasticky" compared to the Pro. As for the screen, I can't say much because the built-in apps on the curve just look outdated and really detract from the device. The "home" screen was the only one that showed off the screen, and it wasn't that fancy.

My biggest problem was the lack of touch screen and that trackball. I know I would destroy the trackball in a couple of months. My friend has a curve and he says that grime gets under it and it and the ball will stop working. I will stick with the Pro.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    Good choice to stick with our Pros.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    There's just something about the Curves keyboard that makes it a problem to type acurately & I don't know what it is, I tried the 800W a while back and didn't have any problem with it.

What about the size of the screen on the Treo Pro? When I tried the 800W I absolutely hated it mainly because the screen wasn't very bright making it hard to read, especially outdoors. Thats where the Curve really shines, I have absolutely no trouble with the screen, especially with GPS navigation which I consider to be the break point for me. If I can't easily read the screen while navigating then it's not worth buying.

David
    My wife has the BB Curve. I actually like a lot about the phone. The keyboard is REALLY good in my opinion. Although not as good as my Treo 600/650/680 - especially the 650, I have adapted really well to the TP keyboard even with my large hands. I have very few problems with it at all now even with the heavy usage I do. I think the TP beats the BB Curve in all other categories though. To each his own.
    You have a point there KJKRAMER about the Treo 650 having a very good KB, I till save my old 650 and just like to play around with testing the keyboard just for fun!
    Yep. I went back to the 650 right before the TP came out because I was having issues with my 680. I could not believe how good that KB really was!!! Awesome!! I also take it out once in a while to play with it here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    Yep. I went back to the 650 right before the TP came out because I was having issues with my 680. I could not believe how good that KB really was!!! Awesome!! I also take it out once in a while to play with it here and there.
    I'm telling you the Treo 650's keyboard kicks ****!
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    They need to make a phone the size of the TP with a button on the side that you press and.......BAM!!!!...the KB instantly expands to the 650 KB. That would be cool!!! I am pretty good with the TP KB now though. I press wrong keys here and there, but I type really fast now on it.