1.    #1  
    I just got the Sony DRBT21G Bluetooth headphones for Christmas to use with my 800w. I have never used Bluetooth stereo headphones before.

There seems to be a bad 'rattling' sound in the mid-high frequencies when I listen to music. For some reason, it seems to be more apparent in the right ear.

I have searched all over for this problem, and have only found one guy who used the term 'rattling' to describe the sound he was getting from his bluetooth car kit.

I have kind of gotten used to it, but it is still annoying. Is this a 800w problem, a bluetooth problem, or a Sony headphone problem?

I have tried reseting both the phone and headset, as well as pairing multiple times.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I think you are describing the same thing I've noticed when streaming to my car stereo.....sometimes. I can usually make it go away with a soft reset. I'm not sure why it's intermittent. Is it a bad connection or something? I agree, it's irritating....so much that I can't listen to music when it's doing that.
    I'm not sure if the problem that you both describe is the same that I have experienced or not. When playing music from a file, I have heard the effect of an old tape player before! If a file is playing, and the phone starts processing something intensively like downloading an attachment on an email or sometimes when my RSS client is downloading info., the sound will basically slow down like old cassette tapes used to do and it sounds quite strange. I've experienced this both with my Motorola S9 headset and with this set of very nice Bluetooth speakers that I snagged at Best Buy. However, I've never had that happen with streaming audio, just a local file.
  4.    #4  
    I found a forum that discussed editing the registry to improve bluetooth quality. I tried to post the link here, but it TC wouldn't let me since I don't have enought posts yet. I found Total Commander to edit my registry, and increased the bitrate from 30 to 80 as it suggests in the above link. I don't seem to have the distance I had before, but quality is perfect now!!!!

Hopefully others will be helped by this info.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
    I found a forum that discussed editing the registry to improve bluetooth quality. I tried to post the link here, but it TC wouldn't let me since I don't have enought posts yet. I found Total Commander to edit my registry, and increased the bitrate from 30 to 80 as it suggests in the above link. I don't seem to have the distance I had before, but quality is perfect now!!!!

Hopefully others will be helped by this info.
    Can you provide a little more detail? Which key did you change?
    Better still, do a search for Hannips AD2P script. This will give you CD quality sound through your BT headphones.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I'm already using this script. Sounds great....except when I get that weird sound described by OP and have to soft reset.