1.    #1  
    Now i have read a lot of reviews but none of them have swayed me to either of these phones; i'm right in between.

I have a palm 600 right now and its my first palm phone but i love how it groups my txt conversations among other things.

I would just like some peoples thought input on which phone would be better for me.

- I txt alot

- dont use email

- play lots of games

- dont really use internet or any internet/air time related functions

- email doesnt matter

- capacity doesnt matter.

Thank you for your time

xdlxsilo
    I had no problem with the 700P until after I did the ROM upgrade. The 700WX is a stable WM5 device - really what you want. My suggestion is not to go with the 700W, the 700WX is the better of the 2 due to its additional memory.

As for stability, the WM series is multitasking, has better error control than the Palm OS. Both support texting, lots of games and such.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. One last question, do you really notice the screen difference between the 700p and the 700wx? I know they are both high res, but im just curious.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Given that the WX has 128 MB of memory, the choice should be clear. I'm amazed anyone would consider a 700W as a new device. The WM platform is the way to go given the fact that the stock WM5 ROM can easily be flashed to WM6. Additionally, there is a tremendous amount of third party apps available to reall get your device where you want it. As a side note, if you do go to the WX, two excellent threaded SMS apps are Pocket CM and SMS Chat. Jump over to www.ppcgeeks.com for all you ever wanted to know about the 700WX and other WM info
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

There is a difference in resolution between the 700P and 700WX. The 700P shows more. The 800W marked a higher resolution with the Palm WM devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    There is a difference in resolution between the 700P and 700WX. The 700P shows more. The 800W marked a higher resolution with the Palm WM devices.
    The greater display of the 700p isn't that big an advantage, due to the way Palm OS is setup.

That's just IMHO as a former POS junkie.
  7. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I wenbefore the 7t from the Kyo 6035 to the 600, then to the 650 and the 700p. I had tons of programs and, when my 700p died, I was livid when Sprint replaced it with 700wx.

I bought a 755 to replace it but decided to keep the wx before the 755 even arrived.

My wife is using the 755 now and I'm a WM convert - especially with the help of ebag and nightraven.

That said, there are a lot more free programs available for the Palm.

BT integration with the 700p was an issue for me and for that the wx is much better.

If I was going back to Palm then I's skip the 700 and get a 755....
    Cheers

Charles