1.    #1  
    I have quick question.
    I am coming from a Treo 750 and when a device is connected via bluetooth the bluetooth icon changes color to let me know that it is "connected" to something.

I see the on/off indicator on the Pro, but that doesn't tell me if a device is actually connected.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to tell on the Pro?

Thanks,
    Shannon
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    I have quick question.
    I am coming from a Treo 750 and when a device is connected via bluetooth the bluetooth icon changes color to let me know that it is "connected" to something.
    No color change on the Pro.

I see the on/off indicator on the Pro, but that doesn't tell me if a device is actually connected.
    I only use BT headsets, so I can't vouch for any other type of device. And both of mine are Jabra. After initial pairing, each time I start up BT (with the headset on), I get a headset icon on the topbar & a ping in the headset at the same time. Most of the time, it's pretty quick. Others, I may be back to my front screen before that happens.
    maybe treo 800's plugin has this possibility... I don't know, but it looks close similar to Treo 700/750's one.

Somebody could confirm this?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I don't get anything in the top bar but if I open the phone app I get an icon there.

I'd prefer not to have to open anything first, is there a setting for the top bar display?
  5.    #5  
    I, too, get the headset icon in the phone app, but I guess that's the only spot I can tell.

Also, when I am connected to my laptop using "internet sharing" it would be nice to tell if I'm connected. I used this a good bit on the 750 just to verify I was still connected to the phone.

I would've thought there was an easy place to tell if I was connected and I was just missing it... maybe not...
    I, too, get the headset icon in the phone app, but I guess that's the only spot I can tell.

Also, when I am connected to my laptop using "internet sharing" it would be nice to tell if I'm connected. I used this a good bit on the 750 just to verify I was still connected to the phone.

I would've thought there was an easy place to tell if I was connected and I was just missing it... maybe not...
    Do you actually use the BT internet sharing or is that just to make sure BT is still on? I've yet to use my Pro for internet via BT, but it never seems to shut off the BT unless I do. In fact, more than once I've thought I had shut off BT at work, but hadn't. When I'd put the headset on at the end of work & turn it on, I get an almost instant ping telling me phone & headset were reconnected.
  7.    #7  
    I use BT internet sharing. I used it all the time with the 750 and a few times with the Pro. I've only had the Pro a few days. So far I've only tested it to be sure it works and it seemed to work just like it did on the 750. Occasionally the BT would lose connection and a quick glance at the today screen would tell me if that had happened.
    I'm still in the "testing phase" of TP ownership, but just thought that something like this would have been included. Maybe I'm wrong.

Shannon
  8.    #8  
    It looks like someone else had my question also.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...luetooth+color