Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there any third party app that is better for gmail access than the oem software on the Treo Pro?
    Probably Flexmail, though it does take a bit of time to negotiate.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Probably Flexmail, though it does take a bit of time to negotiate.
    got a link for more info?
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rxblitzrx View Post
    Is there any third party app that is better for gmail access than the oem software on the Treo Pro?
    I am using the oem software for GMail & also for my Roadrunner account & am quite satisfied, are you having problems?
    http://www.webis.net/products_info.php?p_id=mail. Charlyee, glad to hear no problems, as I attempted to use it with GMail, Everyone.net, Fastmail.net and Yahoo! and was never satisfied due to problems with it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I am using the oem software for GMail & also for my Roadrunner account & am quite satisfied, are you having problems?
    i don't have a treo pro yet. just planning ahead. US release is supposed to be in january 2009
    I'm using Seven for all my pushmail. It's beta, but quite stable. Link here:

//community.seven.com/forum/index.php?forum=true

Register, download, and fill in information.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I use the installed software for my email a/c (on my own domain), no problems, works well.
    I'm using the gmail mobile app and find I quite like it. Never even tried the native phone though app so I cant compare to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxblitzrx View Post
    ehhh, surely GMAIL is the best thing for gmail access. No?
    No.
    The Gmail mobile app doesn't work correctly on the TP's 320x320 screen.
    Softbuttons hide part of menu / popups.

Been looking around for a fix but nothing yet.
    Still use it, I like the way it works (using 3 gmail accounts).
    If that is fixed it would be very good, now it's only okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post

All seems to look fine with RealVga.
    You may not like RealVga though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post

Works fine for me. Also using realVGA.

I maintain that the best and most obvious choice for viewing gmail is gmail!
    Bump! What the latest on the Google Gmail Mobile app? I saw the video overivew for it on Google...looks snazzy!

Is the app 320x320 native now? Latest release version # is...?
    Can someone post the gmail .cab? I can't use the links to download to my device. It is saying the 850 is not supported.

thx
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Can someone post the gmail .cab? I can't use the links to download to my device. It is saying the 850 is not supported.

thx
    I don't think there is a cab,you just down load from their site and it installs it into java and you run it from there. Atleast that is how it worked for me on my Touch.
    What browser are you using? I had that same problem with Opera, but it worked great and down loaded just fine from IE mobile.
    I hope this helps
    Terry
    I have Gmail as well as 5 other email accounts setup in POutlook and i'm fine with them. Everything works just fine.

Flexmail works fine too but it's too complex, plus not as one handed as POutlook.

As for the Seven Beta, it works fine until youi need to send big attachments. I uninstalled it bcause it wouldn't let me send a 3mb file attachment. I definitely enjoyed the push functionality.

At the end of the day strangely enough, POUTLOOK just works for me all around.
    Last edited by Merovingian; 07/12/2009 at 09:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post

thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    I don't think there is a cab,you just down load from their site and it installs it into java and you run it from there. Atleast that is how it worked for me on my Touch.
    What browser are you using? I had that same problem with Opera, but it worked great and down loaded just fine from IE mobile.
    I hope this helps
    Terry
    I just tried it from IE mobile and I got the same error message. Treo 850E not supported.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    I have not used it. However, since it requires the Java environment, have you installed the Java environment?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast