Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have not used it. However, since it requires the Java environment, have you installed the Java environment?
    Is there a Web link to this "Java environment"? I'm curious!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    It came pre-installed on my Unlocked GSM Treo Pro, as far as I can tell. Unless the Java link in Programs is for something entirely unrelated?
    What's the latest on the gmail app?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I finally buckled and just use the native WinMo email app (with IMAP). I still check my gmail (using Iris) thru gmail's mobile version. It is a lot more functional than a while ago. I think I use iPhone's version of the web page. I'd still prefer an actual Gmail app tho. (but a google voice wm app first... )
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I decided that i am going to use IMAP with Pocket Outlook since I got tired of that java app crashing as well as how it didn't show html. I noticed though that if you delete an email in PO it just puts it in "all mail" in gmail and doesn't label it trash. Is there a way to change this?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    From what I have read it looks like you are stuck with the default trash folder. I really hope someone has a solution to this. This is a major drawback for Pocket Outlook.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Hm - When I delete from POutlook, it puts it into a folder in Gmail called "Deleted Items".
    I do most of the maintenance at a computer as far as cleaning that up and if I need to spam something.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I figured out the best way to handle it. With the new Imap controls in gmail you select to "Move the message to the Trash" when its removed from the last visible folder. Then you go to your labels and you uncheck "all mail" from visibility in IMAP. That way when you delete an email in PO gmail sees that it doesn't have a "visible" label and moves it to trash.
    Using Profimail on my device to handle all my accounts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    What's the latest on the gmail app?
    More importantly, will this Gmail app allow users to print e-mails wirelessly via Bluetooth (or by regular methods)?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    More importantly, will this Gmail app allow users to print e-mails wirelessly via Bluetooth (or by regular methods)?
    Here u go. Gmail Paper
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Here u go. Gmail Paper
    LOL!!!! That's a good one!
    I would say the best way to get Gmail, with push sync and all the features is to use Pocket Outlook along with NuevaSync. Sure, it costs $25 year, but it syncs email, calendar, contacts and tasks with Google, and it works flawlessly. Very easy setup.
    For $2 a month, it's one of the best investments I've made. The best part is if my devices dies, I just switch to another WinMo device, enter the server info and bingo, it all comes back down. No software to install. It uses native ActiveSync.
    i run my business off my gmail essentially and use flexmail. So far it has worked flawlessly in pushing my imap gmail to my phone, i get it before outlook desktop the majority of the time.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    @makrotonik What else do you like about FM vs PO besides the idle feature? I run my business off of my gmail account and Flexmail seems like a good app but PO now seems to have a lot of the same features as FM. Would like to hear your thoughts.
    I just paid for NuevaSync. Seems to be perfect!
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    I finally buckled and just use the native WinMo email app (with IMAP). I still check my gmail (using Iris) thru gmail's mobile version. It is a lot more functional than a while ago. I think I use iPhone's version of the web page. I'd still prefer an actual Gmail app tho. (but a google voice wm app first... )
    Guess you won't be using Iris much longer, now that RIM has bought TorchMobile and killed Iris on WinMo. I guess you can keep using it, just no updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    I just paid for NuevaSync. Seems to be perfect!
    Yes, it's really good. Glad it's working well for you.
    @mcd the idle is more than enough to make me switch. I have 2 gmail accounts flexmail handles the imap stuff exceptionally well. I also find flexmail more 1 handed friendly (changing folders etc). Also other things help, ability to enable idle for multiple folders (e.g sent items), send from different accounts with per account signature, and a real search utility are some of the things that make me keep FM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    @makrotonik Thanks for your response. I am still getting used to the program and SMS has been a bit of an issue. Maybe I just need to spend more time with it. The PO sms seems very easy to use and I can just start typing the name and it puts their phone number. When I do this with flexmail, it seems to want to put the email address even though it says it will send it with SMS. Do you use FM for SMS or is there a way to just stick with PO for SMS.

One more thing, do you leave the program always running in the backgroud? If so, have you noticed it running your battery down or taking a lot of memory after awhile.

Thanks again for your input.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast