1.    #1  
    I'm having some problems with my in-law family. They say something and then they say they said another thing.
    Is there a program to record every voice call, so i can make them listen their voices later?
    Sorry, not with the Treo 800w. There are programs that do, but none seem to work when it comes to recording calls on WM Treos.
    You should also check your state laws, some states are two party states and require each party to consent to the recording. Other states only require one party. Crossing state lines also bring potential federal issues. That said your only option is to record a speakerphone conversation with a separate recorder.
    I know the Palm Treos are capable of this with mVoice, if somehow you happen to have a 700p or something compatible lying around :-D
    Palm OS routes all voice through the OS drivers.

WM uses separate drivers for voice, they are completely separate.

There is a WM device out there that does this (Touch Pro?), but many companies are reluctant to do this as it opens up a huge can of worms from a liability standpoint (as AS329 mentioned).
  6.    #6  
    my in-law family is not here, is in Peru, so i think i won;t be crossing any federal laws, cus ill just show my girlfriend what is really happening.
    I live in Atlanta btw.
  7. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    If she's only your girlfriend, they're not inlaws... Dump her and watch the problem going away...

Oh, you weren't looking for relationship advice? My bad...
    This advice might be a little late, but the OP should of gotten a Sprint Touch Pro. It will record phone calls with the other party through the rear speaker and you, using the default voice recorder.....

And of course, everyone hears the conversation. Not a good solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    And of course, everyone hears the conversation. Not a good solution.
    Well, if the OP needs to record the calls, I guess the Dome of Silence would be handy to have

Either way, the "dud" 800w won't record, the Sprint Touch Pro does record.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Well, if the OP needs to record the calls, I guess the Dome of Silence would be handy to have

I guess every other WM phone is a "dud" too then, since the Touch Pro is the only one that will record.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post

True. The Diamond probably works as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    True. The Diamond probably works as well.
    I don't believe the Diamond has the program. It might support it, I dunno, but from what I've heard only the Touch Pro has it.
    Recording the output via speakerphone is not really a true method of recording phone calls--it's merely a hack and obviously requires a quiet room with preferably no one else around. It is certainly better than nothing but obviously not ideal except for under rare and controlled situations.

If one wants to really record phone calls, with ease and high quality, only Palm OS phones (including the Centro) can do this as there are very few WM phones that can truly do execute this function (that are available in the U.S. market). It also has the benefit of recording automatically, logging them and selection of quality.

Plus you can pick up a Centro for much less than a Touch Pro plus keep the same form factor and get true phone recording.

Finally, heed AS329's advice.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I don't believe the Diamond has the program. It might support it, I dunno, but from what I've heard only the Touch Pro has it.
    I think that it does support it just like both the Diamond and Touch Pro support the FM radio function. They're both nice options to have.