1.    #1  
    even though I have no more new voice mails left. I tried a hard reset, no luck. Any ideas?
    TREO800W
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    Settings
    Phone
    Services

Clear Voicemail Icon

(Usually if it won't go away for me th 2nd time I check it with 0 messages, it clears.)
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I was doing what Ebag suggested when someone pointed out to me if I waited more patiently and gave it time it would go away after a few minutes. Most of the time it dismisses immediately, but every once in a while it takes a few minutes. Of course, if you want it dismissed immediately, you can take the extra steps to clear it.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, that was all that was needed.
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    I have found that using the clear icon option in the phone settings can prevent new notifications from sounding in the future. I have checked my voicemail after 10 days and have had 20 messages waiting for example.

What i do is call into voicemail, send myself a message- immediately delete it on the same call and done.

Works every time
    I found that out recently also.
  7.    #7  
    After using the Clear Voicemail Icon button earlier, I tried calling in from my home phone and leaving a message. All worked as it should, including seeing that I had Voicemail waiting and, after deleting my own test message, clearing the Voicemail icon.

Thanks for the heads up, though. Who knows what the future holds in store for my a soon-to-be-EOL'ed TREO800W!