Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    how do i find out whats useing up my memory? my internal shows it's just about full. i store pics on my SD card so thats not it. anyway---merry xmas also. PH
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Piehole View Post
    how do i find out whats useing up my memory? my internal shows it's just about full. i store pics on my SD card so thats not it. anyway---merry xmas also. PH
    Read this here and maybe try that app-it's free and does what you need, but it's a bit sluggish

    Also, while not free, MemMaid has a great Storage usage option. Plus it can a ton of other very useful things on your device.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. #3  
    I remember on my Dell Axims (WinMo 2003), on the memory allocation screen, there was a slider that allowed you to reallocate the program and storage memory as you saw fit. Was that an Axim deal or WM thing that isn't available in the current version?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I remember on my Dell Axims (WinMo 2003), on the memory allocation screen, there was a slider that allowed you to reallocate the program and storage memory as you saw fit. Was that an Axim deal or WM thing that isn't available in the current version?
    Yeah that stopped with WM5 when their new memory system was put in place.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah that stopped with WM5 when their new memory system was put in place.
    Ah okay...I was wondering about that. Thanks!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    Ah okay...I was wondering about that. Thanks!
    np.

    yeah, the old memory system if you remember was volatile--meaning if your battery died, it was a hard reset (!)

    MS changed that with WM5 since businesses did not want the risk of users losing all their data. Trade off? System became much slower (WM03 is still mad fast) and we lost the ability to dynamically manage memory between storage and program memory

    To the OP: One thing that is awful on WM is the inability to set cache levels for Internet Explorer--so what happens is your device becomes jammed with HTML data files from months of usage. You can go into IE and delete that under settings. But as mentioned, using something like MemMaid can totally automate this procedure and do much more in addition.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #7  
    so your saying that the cache is filling up, and one reason for the full memory? btw, is there a way to clear the cache after a while on the Treo?

    ____________________________

    ooops, mybad.the pictures i take go to my SD card. but somehow i found a Sleigh load in my internal picture folder. hmmmm, these must have come from syncing to my PC. thats the reason it's full. i'll set to not sync with my picture folders next time. geeez, always somethin to remember.....merry xmas again.
    Last edited by Piehole; 12/24/2008 at 12:13 PM.

Posting Permissions