1.    #1  
    its a shame that this phone is buggy to the point that it eliminates the capibility to operate one of the most used features in a cell phones today - a daily alarm. Everytime I set the alarm it rings once and thats that. Quite dissapointing!

Is there a reg hack to have the ringer repeat until I hit a button. I am aware of programs clearing notifications, but this isnt a solution I want to resort to before i set my alarm every night.

Is there a feasible solution to this problem, or should us 800w owners just purchase a stand alone alarm instead of putting up with this palm disaster.
    Well, your need is my need. I use Fizz Alarms - it always goes off at its preset time - regardless of whether it is enabled or not and there are times that it goes off whenever it wants to - but the main alarm always goes off at its preset time even if disabled. Fizz states it ain't their problem.

To close - you want something reliable? Fizz Alarms. You want something that always goes off regardless? Fizz Alarms.
    gAlarm has worked perfectly for me.

Almost always goes off when it should (and the times it hasn't I suspect my screwing around with the phone caused the problem), and never goes off when it shouldn't.

The only catch is that you cannot use the maze function it offers.

It's not pretty, but it works extremely well.
    And I use SpbAlarm and it has been rock solid for me. In 6 months, I have never missed an alarm, never had one go off when it's not supposed to. 100%. No, I don't use it as my clock on my Today screen cause it's not quite formatted for 320x320, but I don't need it for telling time, I need it for an alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    And I use SpbAlarm and it has been rock solid for me. In 6 months, I have never missed an alarm, never had one go off when it's not supposed to. 100%. No, I don't use it as my clock on my Today screen cause it's not quite formatted for 320x320, but I don't need it for telling time, I need it for an alarm.
    I also use SPB alarm. THe only problem I have had with it is when Treo Alerts was causing problems. Once I switched to the NLED version it has been rock solid.
    Outlook Calendar works great for alarms/reminders.
    Its a great combo with Treo Alerts.
    PTravel Alarm by Burroak Software works perfectly on the 800W. I wake up to a crowing rooster sound every morning.
    Last edited by jimh2000; 12/27/2008 at 03:41 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    PATravel Alarm by Burroak Software works perfectly on the 800W. I wake up to a crowing rooster sound every morning.
    *PTravel* Alarm works great! Thanks for the recommendation Jim. The rooster sound had me laughing its pretty funny. The interface looks a lot better than some of the other alarms out there and the alarm itself has been coming on everytime I've needed it. Looks like ill be shelling out the 12.95 after the 30 day trial.

Thanks again.
    I have been using PTravel Alarm for several days now and just gotta say, it is nice not having duplicate and non-existent alarms sounding. I am going to wait until my next series of days off to ensure the alarm can be deactivated and NOT go off by itself. So far though, good. Thanks Jim for the recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    gAlarm has worked perfectly for me.

Almost always goes off when it should (and the times it hasn't I suspect my screwing around with the phone caused the problem), and never goes off when it shouldn't.

The only catch is that you cannot use the maze function it offers.

It's not pretty, but it works extremely well.
    The maze works fine for me.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    The maze works fine for me.
    Probably because you're using a newer version than I.
    I've been testing PocketClock pro and so far it has been rock solid stable on the 800w. It has tons of neat features and the alarms can be configured to use MP3 files or even video files.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I've been testing PocketClock pro and so far it has been rock solid stable on the 800w. It has tons of neat features and the alarms can be configured to use MP3 files or even video files.
    Are you able to use the center buttons with the software? pocketclock looks very clean and is neatly packed full of useful features, but having to break out the stylus in order to configure alarms and check out the cool features it provides is time consuming and inconvenient. Ill have to wait until an updated version come out before I pay the 20 bucks
    Quote Originally Posted by gazment View Post
    Are you able to use the center buttons with the software? pocketclock looks very clean and is neatly packed full of useful features, but having to break out the stylus in order to configure alarms and check out the cool features it provides is time consuming and inconvenient. Ill have to wait until an updated version come out before I pay the 20 bucks
    Your right. Stylus is needed to access the fine tuning settings. On the today plug-in different icons can be selected using the center button but once you are into the actual program settings the center button no longer works. Alarms and reminders can be dismissed without using stylus.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    For those of you considering pTravelAlarm, the following post was made. Perhaps it's an isolated issue for NicksGarage or maybe it's the program. You might want to check further before loading it. There's been no response to this post at this time.

12/29/2008, 08:03 PM #1
    NicksGarage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I removed pTravelAlarm from my device and after doing a soft reset I get an error on startup that pTAmgr.exe cannot be found. I can't fine any shortcut to it in the startup folder and searched through the registry without luck.

Is there a startup config file on the device?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    For those of you considering pTravelAlarm, the following post was made. Perhaps it's an isolated issue for NicksGarage or maybe it's the program. You might want to check further before loading it. There's been no response to this post at this time.

12/29/2008, 08:03 PM #1
    NicksGarage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I removed pTravelAlarm from my device and after doing a soft reset I get an error on startup that pTAmgr.exe cannot be found. I can't fine any shortcut to it in the startup folder and searched through the registry without luck.

Is there a startup config file on the device?

Thanks
    I just fixed this. Had to download a program from their web site to clean it up. It's listed under the FAQs. http://www.burroak.ca/support.html

I'm now trying PocketClock and as mentioned above, it works on the 320x320 resolution but everything is very tiny. I use MyMobiler on my laptop to adjust the settings. This morning's alarm was blocked by the error from pTravelAlarm after Sprite Backup rebooted the phone last night.

I liked pTravelAlarm but wanted more features such as a stopwatch. I was hoping SPB Time would be configured to work with the 800w but they still say they're planning it for the future.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    When I go to download this the site said it is not compatible with the PalmTreo 800w?
    I have fizz alarm for countdown timers. It works okay, not in love with it. Also what i have been doing is setting note alarms in pocket informant. That has been working well for stuff i need to do in a couple of hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote View Post
    When I go to download this the site said it is not compatible with the PalmTreo 800w?
    Other than the text being tiny on some of the screens, it works fine on the 800w.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    I am having trouble G-alarm. I don't think it is working. I don't have treo alert or anything else like that on my treo.