45 66.18%
  • I like it

14 20.59%
  • It's ok

9 13.24%
  • I Don't Like it

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have to agree with the positive comments.

My only complaint is the camera. Wish it could be better in low light, and handle high- contrast situations better.

The phone reception and voice quality are just excellent.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
    Quote Originally Posted by RAReed0219 View Post
    Ahh, finally a positive thread. I agree, I love my Treo Pro. I see pros and cons for every device. I think if Windows Mobile comes out with a nice handy way to find usefull apps like the iPhone app store, it will be nirvana. Until then I supplement my Treo Pro only on occasion with an iPod Touch.

It would be cool if somebody would port that free WiFi hotspot software that Nokia has to Windows Mobile, I could definitely leave the laptop at home.
    wm has that, its called wmwifirouter. The equivilant on symbian is called joikuspot. Its not a free program though. But im pretty sure it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAReed0219 View Post
    Ahh, finally a positive thread. I agree, I love my Treo Pro. I see pros and cons for every device. I think if Windows Mobile comes out with a nice handy way to find usefull apps like the iPhone app store, it will be nirvana. Until then I supplement my Treo Pro only on occasion with an iPod Touch.

It would be cool if somebody would port that free WiFi hotspot software that Nokia has to Windows Mobile, I could definitely leave the laptop at home.
    Palm also has an app for the Pocketgear similar to Apple's App Store application. Not many free programs in there and doesn't show you everything out there.

WMwifirouter is a great program to use with the Macbooks. Just remember to keep your phone plugged into to the wall and not via USB.
    what about the Samsung i780? can anybody shed his / her experiences between the two devices?

Happy Holidays everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by azlarry View Post
    I can say it's the best smartphone
    Share whatever you are smoking with me!
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    Well, it depends on what's your meaning for "best"... If for you "best" is "with better specifications" Treo Pro is not the best. But if for you "best" is "more usable and better in terms of user experience" this phone it's is near of being the best. At least on Windows Mobile Platform.

So it depends on what are you smoking, not azlarry
    I am going to agree that this is the best phone I have owned to date. I don't have a problem in the least with the keyboard. I do wish that it was a little more squishy like the Centro, but I do just fine with it. I am a little disappointed that the processor isn't optimal for TCPMP, but I can live with it. I am also a little annoyed that the camera software has a huge bug. But otherwise it is quick (for WM), compact, and runs most of the software that I need. Great device.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    Reading comprehension is important! I said it's the best smartphone I have ever had.

PDAholic, what is the huge camera bug? I must have missed that thread. I don't use the camera much but my only complaint is the MP4 video files that require a 3rd party app to play on a PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommc4 View Post
    I find the Treo Pro to be the best phone I have ever had, except for the hassles we have had with the BT issue (fixed) ....I HATE the keyboard (compared to the 750) but the reception is better, the BT is far superior to anything I have had, and the HSDPA is a screamer!

(Insert the appropriate PC holiday greeting here!)
    Tom
    I agree, great phone, stable, worst treo keyboard ever IMHO. Of course, I'd like more memory, faster processor, more megapix, autofocus, and flash. I don't have any issues with the cracking
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I almost missed this:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1968-2.htm

Nice Visual Comparison.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by azlarry View Post
    Reading comprehension is important! I said it's the best smartphone I have ever had.

PDAholic, what is the huge camera bug? I must have missed that thread. I don't use the camera much but my only complaint is the MP4 video files that require a 3rd party app to play on a PC.
    azlarry: Start the camera up in a dimly lit room and take a picture. Notice how dark the pic is? Now, don't close the camera app, but take it out of the room and hold the camera up to a bright light. The light sensor will start to work. Don't close the camera app. Go back to the dimly lit room and take another picture. Notice how the second pic is much brighter than the first. Something is wrong with the light sensor on the camera, and I think it is a software issue.

And yeah, what 3rd party app do you use? I use VLC player, but there is no audio.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoktong View Post
    what about the Samsung i780? can anybody shed his / her experiences between the two devices?

Happy Holidays everyone!
    The treo pro is pretty similar to the i780. TP looks more sexy than the i780 but it is also a fingerprint magnet. i780 looks professional so it's up to user preferences. TP got the dpad, though i780 optical pad is pretty ok too especially for the mouse. The 3.5mm audio jack is definitely better than i780 proprietry connector but you can solve that with an adapter. No front facing camera for the TP, and lack of 2 soft keys(!), which is a damper. Removal of microSD card is easy for i780 but not on TP. Keyboard is definitely better on the i780 (using it to type this) when compared to TP. Battery is bigger in capacity on TP but the i780, though smaller, does give you 2 battery. The ringer and wifi switches on the TP is great, but no biggie as you can do without it. The i780 also has a 624Mhz CPU while the TP only has a 400Mhz one. Overall, both phones have it's pluses and minuses, but the i780 (US$400++) is better in value for money over the TP(US$600+) in Singapore. Much much more i780 owners when compared to TP. Pricing plays a great part for phones with similar features.

And yes, no cracks complains on the i780. Tough piece of plastic.
    Last edited by Ddeath; 12/26/2008 at 11:16 PM.
    You guys are getting the Epix with the US bands, which is almost the same as the i780 but just slightly thicker. Battery capacity is also bigger so that's great. And it comes with wm6.1. Still stuck with 6.0 here in Singapore.
  14.    #34  
    PDAholic, I don't have the app at home, and I'm off until the 5th. But I found it around here and it was free. I get audio and vid.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    OS Stability is Rock Solid.
    Reception Great - especially on the 850 band 3G.
    Resolution is Great.
    Form Factor Superb - Shirt Pocket Friendly.
    I wanted to elaborate a little more.
    It is such a pleasure to carry - so light and thin.
    The battery obviously blows the 750 away, but I honestly think it lasts longer than my old 650. I could never get by forgetting to charge overnight with any of my previous pda/phones.
    I also like the 4-way button better than any privious devices I've owned.
    I had the opportunity of using the Treo Pro and the Nokia E71 at the same time and the quality of the Treo Pro is not as good as that of the E71. The E71 is thinner (something I don't like) and has no touch screen, but the software and features are really something (despite, and aging OS (S60)).

Now, one thing struck me... the E71 has everything built-in... I mean software wise. Everything that {was|is} a big deal with the Treo can be taken for granted... profiles, call-blocking, SMS filtering, editing Office documents, audio-books, media, syncing with Google calendar, maps, voice control, speech synthesizer for reading out messages and caller IDs, scanning text & OCR, ... everything is built-in. Or available as freeware.

But despite sporting the "E" (Enterprise) tag, the Nokia fails miserably in the email department... no option to download the full email (header + content) automatically for one thing...

It must be the keyboard, but I never got around to liking the Treo Pro... and I really felt let down by all the scratches caused by just looking at it...

After using both for some time, I'm back to my trusty Treo 650. It still can hold out because of 1) Chatteremail 2) Ultrasoft Money 3) Great keyboard and touch screen 4) Excellent battery.

If nothing else, (1) and (2) above make the 650 still worth the money I paid for it...
    I would agree with the positive comments. The reception and audio quality are excellent. It has a slim, modern design and feels solid in the hand. It also has better battery life compared to recent phones I've owned.

G
    Many of us participated in this Thread

But quite some time has passed.

I honestly feel the GTP (Gsm Treo Pro)
    is Great Device.
    It's my favorite Treo ever.
    Would I change a few things? Sure.

So do you still like your GTP?

Please Vote.
    Simple enough, either you like it or don't.
    Just call me Berd.
    Berd,

You should have added a "love it" button!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    Berd,

You should have added a "love it" button!!!
    How about
    'I Really Like it' ?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast