1.    #1  
    What's up with this?
    How to troubleshoot device problems

Or you could post more info....
    I've had issues with my phone not answering when I'm hooked up to my computer or when I'm on my car charger. I have lost so much faith in this phone I'm ready to deep six it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Never been a problem for me.

Only time I miss calls is when I haven't done the attenuation hack and I can't hear the ringer. *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by andyacecandy View Post
    What's up with this?

I had that problem a while back. I wound up deleting the partnership, doing a hard reset, re-establishing the partnership; and everything's been peachy keen since.
    That actually reminds me....there's actually a setting that you can change in connection settings.

"Allow wireless connection on device while connected." or something like that.
    Let me guess, its a work computer, right?

The reason its not working is when your device is connected to the computer it makes a network connection. If your IS department has their firewall setup correctly you will not be able to tether a connection and the wireless connection will not work when you are connected to the PC.

If it is your personal computer on your personal network then you need to follow the advice above.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That actually reminds me....there's actually a setting that you can change in connection settings.

"Allow wireless connection on device while connected." or something like that.

Where exactly is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyacecandy View Post
    Where exactly is this?
    In the Connection Settings in ActiveSync (on your PC, not your phone).
    Two replies here:

To the original poster: It's an RNDIS issue most likely. Start > Settings > Connections tab > USB to PC. Toggle "Enable advanced network functionality". If that is checked, the phone will try to use your computers Internet connection while it is plugged in. If that is not checked, the phone will instead use its wireless network connection.

Secondly, the option that a couple others were trying to direct you to: while connected, in ActiveSync on your desktop go to File > Connection Settings and check "Allow wireless connection on device when connected to the desktop".

To the other guy, if you think that you are missing calls when it is plugged in, from the Today screen check under Menu > Preferences > Phone Settings > Services tab > Data Settings. Make sure that "Do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session" is not checked. While there, also make sure that "Allow connection to the Internet" is checked.
    Hrmm....I have Enable advanced unchecked yet when plugged in, my Treo 800w always uses the computer's internet (or fusses if I'm not online).
    ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Hrmm....I have Enable advanced unchecked yet when plugged in, my Treo 800w always uses the computer's internet (or fusses if I'm not online).
    I think I know what you are saying...

Palm's tech support agreed with me in a previous post: http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...thread.id=4340

From what I have seen, it's a bit strange because my firewall does log traffic when the handset is connected and this setting is disabled. However, it appears to only be performing DNS lookups and then uses the wireless connection (Sprint in this case) for the data. This I can prove by simply unplugging the cable while the phone is in the middle of downloading a file and seeing that the download neither fails nor is interrupted.
    I can pick up my unplugged 800w and go to Twitter no problem. However, if I'm plugged into my computer at school (for charging purposes) and I try to go to Twitter, I immediately get "Lightspeed blocked site" since almost everything is blocked at school. This suggests that despite the setting, my 800 is using the computer's internet and not Sprint's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I can pick up my unplugged 800w and go to Twitter no problem. However, if I'm plugged into my computer at school (for charging purposes) and I try to go to Twitter, I immediately get "Lightspeed blocked site" since almost everything is blocked at school. This suggests that despite the setting, my 800 is using the computer's internet and not Sprint's.
    That's your school's DNS kicking in.

The firewall is redirecting your phone to the blocked page when you try and access Twitter.
    Well yea - but why? It's just one of those little frustrations of life. It means every afternoon during my planning period I pull out my Wind and go online using Pdanet. <sigh>
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    Two replies here:

To the other guy, if you think that you are missing calls when it is plugged in, from the Today screen check under Menu > Preferences > Phone Settings > Services tab > Data Settings. Make sure that "Do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session" is not checked. While there, also make sure that "Allow connection to the Internet" is checked.
    I did check it, it was not checked, and the interned connection one was.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Never been a problem for me.

Only time I miss calls is when I haven't done the attenuation hack and I can't hear the ringer. *shrug*

Attenuation hack?? Please enlighten. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Attenuation hack?? Please enlighten. TIA

Hack to increase the volume of your ringer. Look in the FAQ, and go to the registry thread linked there. Search for Attenuation.