1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the automatic data connection whenever internet explorer is started (deliberately or accidentally)? Basically I would like the system ask me "are you sure you would like to start a data connection?" instead of auto dialing, as I am always on the road and don't want to incur unwanted roaming data costs.

Also, what is the best program to use to allow me to reassign the softkeys so that I can get rid of the internet explorer link in the today screen?

Thanks,
    Brett.
    Quote Originally Posted by brettw.10 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the automatic data connection whenever internet explorer is started (deliberately or accidentally)? Basically I would like the system ask me "are you sure you would like to start a data connection?" instead of auto dialing, as I am always on the road and don't want to incur unwanted roaming data costs.

Also, what is the best program to use to allow me to reassign the softkeys so that I can get rid of the internet explorer link in the today screen?

Thanks,
    Brett.
    Roaming charges? Who is your service with? I didn't think any of the major GSM providers had roaming charges anymore?
    I use about:blank as my home page..no need for a data connection to start that

if you search you should be able to find posts relating to using a reg editor to edit those soft keys..
    I use modaco's NODATA.cab to shut off all data until needed.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    re: the softkeys any registry editor can make the changes for you...
    --
    Here is the path:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113]
    "Open"="\"\\Windows\\AppButtons\\Internet explorer.lnk\""
    @="Internet"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112]
    "Open"="\"\\Windows\\AppButtons\\Contacts.lnk\""
    @="Contacts"
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...