1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a Jabra 800W speaker phone? These things are awesome! It's a bluetooth speaker phone for your car with a built in FM trasmitter. It's only $59 but is rated very high. Great sound, great mic etc.

The problem that I am having is the music connection. I have no problems making calls to the deice and even transmitting calls to my stereo. My problem is playing music to the device and transmitting that to my stereo.

I've purchased two. Each time music will transmit to the car stereo at first. After I charge the device, it won't ever work again. I thought it was defective so I took the first one back. No the second one is doing it so it leads me to believe that it's the phone.
    Are you seeing the BT stereo icon on your Today screen, when connected to the Jabra SP700?

I've attached a picture of how it looks. Background color may vary.

If you're not seeing that, there is a bug in the 800w that causes this to happen for some of us. If you're not seeing the BT stereo icon when the Jabra SP700 is connected, select that device in the BT device list on your Treo 800w (while connected to it), hold the stylus down on that device selection (or hold down the PALM button) and select "Set as Wireless Stereo".

Here's a thread about it, that gives some other options if that is your problem. Not everyone experiences it, but it seems you might have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Are you seeing the BT stereo icon on your Today screen, when connected to the Jabra SP700?

I've attached a picture of how it looks. Background color may vary.

If you're not seeing that, there is a bug in the 800w that causes this to happen for some of us. If you're not seeing the BT stereo icon when the Jabra SP700 is connected, select that device in the BT device list on your Treo 800w (while connected to it), hold the stylus down on that device selection (or hold down the PALM button) and select "Set as Wireless Stereo".

Here's a thread about it, that gives some other options if that is your problem. Not everyone experiences it, but it seems you might have.

Yes, I do see the icon. I think that it's the Jabra. I'll try the setting to see if it works.

I did a little research on other sites and a few other people were complaining about the same thing with their iPhones. It's very strange because right out of the box it will transmit music to your FM radio. Then is stops a day later. BUT the speaker works during phone calls with no problem. It will even transmit phone calls to your stero no problem. It just won't send music as it is supposed to.
    So is the music playing through the Jabra SP700 or the 800w when both are connected?

If it's playing through the speaker on the Jabra SP700, you definitely have some other problem. I recommend taking your Jabra SP700 back and getting a Moto T505 .
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So is the music playing through the Jabra SP700 or the 800w when both are connected?

If it's playing through the speaker on the Jabra SP700, you definitely have some other problem. I recommend taking your Jabra SP700 back and getting a Moto T505 .

As soon as you play music though your Jabra SP700 it is supposed to play though the speaker device automatically. That is not happening. That's the problem. Once it's playing though the speaker on the SP700, you hit the FM button and it will transmit to you car stereo.

I fooled around with it. If I "un-pair" the two and delete the Bluetooth device from the phone and then re-add it, it works great. As soon as you turn either the phone off or the Jabra speaker phone off, the music feature stops working. Everything else, speaker phone calls and FM phone calls work fine regardless. Strange.
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 12/20/2008 at 04:02 PM.
    So your problem is, you turn on the Jabra SP700, the BT stereo icon displays on your Treo 800w, you start some music and where do you start hearing music from? Do you start hearing music from the back of the 800w although you wanted it to play from the SP700?

Are you starting up your music playing software before or after turning on your Jabra SP700? Try not turning on the music playing software till after you start the SP700 and recognized by your 800w.
  7. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    It's Windows. Sometimes A2DP connects automatically, othertimes it doesn't. In your case, it doesn't seem to be. Each time you go into it, you're going to need to go to your bluetooth, "right" click the headset and click set as wireless stereo. This will activate the a2dp and get it working.
  8.    #8  
    OK.............

If I un-check "headset" and "wireless stereo" , save the settings, then check them again and save. It works!!!! Strange!

At least I don't have to throw the Jabra up against a wall now! LOL I can live with that. It's better than un-pairing the devices and re-paring them everytime.

Is there an A2DP patch or something out there for Windows Moblie to resolve this????
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 12/21/2008 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post

Is there an A2DP patch or something out there for Windows Moblie to resolve this????
    None I've ever seen.