1.    #1  
    I am almost to the point of ordering a TP. I want to order from a reputable place and from a place that will most likely help me out if I'm not happy or if I develop the dreaded cracks that some others seem to have.

Here are the places I'm considering (so far):

Treocentral
    Dell
    Palm

I was thinking if I order from somewhere other than Palm that might give me two paths for exchange in case I have a problem.

Your thoughts appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Shannon
    I bought mine off right from Palm website, they gave me a good deal in which I got a "free" sattelite radio ($200 item) with the purchase of my Treo Pro. Also if you don' want to wait those crunching tracking days with the carriers you can go to a nearby BestBuy, most of them are offering the TP as well, but you will have to pay state and local/county taxes and it will sure cost you more.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Well I didn't get anything free when I bought mine from the Palm Store, but they do have a money back guarantee, no questions asked.
  4.    #5  
    The price @ Newegg is good, but unfortunately they say the TP is a non-refundable item.
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    The price @ Newegg is good, but unfortunately they say the TP is a non-refundable item.
    I weighed that same option, price vs non-refundable.

It still comes with the Palm warranty. I had a 700wx before, and I read a lot of the reviews on the Treo Pro before making my purchase, so I went with NewEgg. I used the Treo Pro for several weeks, and fell in love with it. Then got a 2nd Treo Pro for my wife. I haven't had issues, so I am happy I went the route i did.

If you are looking to try it before you decide if you like it, buying it from Palm would probably be your best bet and paying a few extra dollars.
    Last edited by palandri; 12/20/2008 at 07:26 PM.
    I'm not sure what percentage of the Treo Pros are cracking, but if you buy from Palm, you can return it if it does crack. Mine is a couple of months old and has no cracks.
  7.    #8  
    Thanks for the replies everyone.
    Right now, I think I am leaning towards ordering directly from Palm. They are offering free overnight shipping at the moment too.
    shannon
    Quote Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
    I'm not sure what percentage of the Treo Pros are cracking, but if you buy from Palm, you can return it if it does crack. Mine is a couple of months old and has no cracks.
    My two Treo Pros are a little over 2 months old and have no cracks either.
  9.    #10  
    That is great news as that is one of the things that's been making me hold off purchasing. It's kind of tough to get a handle on just what percentage of TP's have the cracking issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    That is great news as that is one of the things that's been making me hold off purchasing. It's kind of tough to get a handle on just what percentage of TP's have the cracking issue.
    Well you have people like "tommc4" who makes statements like, "The cases are cracking at an alarming rate..." and have no statistical data to backup their claim. Did Palm have a bad batch of cases? Did some people simply drop their phone? Who knows. Palm is addressing the issue which is important.