1.    #1  
    Hi, has anyone found out a way to hack the default caller id window to at least make the photo look somewhat sharper in appearance. Heck, sometimes I cant even tell who is calling me because the photos is so grainy, yet, when I look at the photo on my phone, its a 2mega pixel quality photo, and looks great for a phone. Just thought Id ask.

Thanks
    And a little bit bigger - WITHOUT adding a huge program that does ten other things...
    Charliec
    Tip: Don't use the onboard camera (on any phone) for caller ID.

Try to find a picture of them from a website or use one from a real digital camera. For companies, try to download and use their logo from their website.

The "grainy" problem is not the Caller ID per se, but the lack of resolution on the camera.

Doing the method above results in very clear and crisp photos. Granted, sometimes you don't have a P&S digital cam around but that's all I can suggest. Making your current photos bigger won't help things.

There have been (surprisingly) very few single function "Full screen caller ID" apps for WM that have been non-problematic.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Tip: Don't use the onboard camera (on any phone) for caller ID.

Try to find a picture of them from a website or use one from a real digital camera. For companies, try to download and use their logo from their website.

The "grainy" problem is not the Caller ID per se, but the lack of resolution on the camera.

Doing the method above results in very clear and crisp photos. Granted, sometimes you don't have a P&S digital cam around but that's all I can suggest. Making your current photos bigger won't help things.

There have been (surprisingly) very few single function "Full screen caller ID" apps for WM that have been non-problematic.
    My experience differs. When I choose a picture that I took with a digital camera, Outlook squeezes it down to fit their contact photo size, and whatever technique Outlook uses does a terrible job. I have better success using the camera in the phone. My belief is that the problem lies in Outlook shrinking the picture, which is completely unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    Hi, has anyone found out a way to hack the default caller id window to at least make the photo look somewhat sharper in appearance. Heck, sometimes I cant even tell who is calling me because the photos is so grainy, yet, when I look at the photo on my phone, its a 2mega pixel quality photo, and looks great for a phone. Just thought Id ask.

Thanks

I don't have any problems. My caller ID pics and speed dial pics look good. The only problem that I have is that they are so small. I used decent quality photos though. Edit the photos so that the person is as large as possible in the picture.