Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    im using the motorola s9 wireless bluetooth headphones with my Treo Pro. when i listen to music it sounds like my songs are skipping, or the bluetooth is disconnecting and connecting....songs will stop for a half sec and then keep playing..i dont have this problem with my motorola headphones with other phones...anyone else have this problem?
    I have had this happen without using my Bluetooth headphones. I fixed it with a soft reset of the device. Might not be the same problem, but I thought I would throw it out there. Good luck.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by one028 View Post
    im using the motorola s9 wireless bluetooth headphones with my Treo Pro. when i listen to music it sounds like my songs are skipping, or the bluetooth is disconnecting and connecting....songs will stop for a half sec and then keep playing..i dont have this problem with my motorola headphones with other phones...anyone else have this problem?
    I'm using the Jabra BT8010 phones on a Cingular 8525 & the Treo Pro with no such issues. Maybe deleting the headset profile & re-pairing might fix it?
    I don't believe that the described issue is related to your headphones. Just try to turn off the screensaver and everything should be working fine. At least it worked for me.

The sound is skipping every time when the time in the screensaver is being updated...
    +1 for turning off the screen saver. That took away the skips for me too. (I also have S9 headphones)
  6. JwY
    I hope they make a patch for this soon as I find the screensaver pretty useful.
    How did you folks even get your BT headset to work with Windows Media? I have posted my issue in another topic. I will re-posted it here and may be folks can help out...

Let me share the facts first, then I will ask the question.

• TP running WM 6.1 with the latest BT patch from Palm.
    • BT headset sync up w/ TP works & able to utilize it for phone purpose.
    • BT headset brand is iTech

what is not working?
    Not able to use BT headset with Windows Media Player. The media player will utilize either the TP speaker or the wired headset, but not the BT headset. Do you folks out there have similar issue? Is my setting not correct?

At this point, I am not sure which component or a combination of components are the issue. I am willing to buy a new BT headset if anyone can confirm what brand/model works. If the issue is WM6.1 / BT driver, then I am doomed... If anyone has a setting that works, please share it with me.

Thank you in advance...
    I don't use WMP, I use TCPMP and Coreplayer. Make sure after you have them "synced" that you select and hold on your headset name under the bluetooth settings and click "set as wireless stereo." That should make it work. Sometimes Coreplayer/TCPMP still don't work, so I go under preferences->audio->stereo mode, then change the setting and then change it back to "stereo." For some reason this gets my headset working. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    I don't use WMP, I use TCPMP and Coreplayer. Make sure after you have them "synced" that you select and hold on your headset name under the bluetooth settings and click "set as wireless stereo." That should make it work. Sometimes Coreplayer/TCPMP still don't work, so I go under preferences->audio->stereo mode, then change the setting and then change it back to "stereo." For some reason this gets my headset working. Good luck.
    PDAHolic, you may have nailed my issue. Followed your suggestion, here is what I got:
    I have a total three BT Headsets, none of them is Stereo headset, so under BT setting, "set as wireless stereo" not as an option. Is there anyway to "trick" my Treo Pro to "think" that I have a wireless stereo headset?

If this does not work, what type of BT headset do you use? I will buy the exact same mode/maker.

Thank you in advance...
    publicid,

I am not aware of a means of tricking the device into thinking the headset is stereo. I recommend you pick up the Insignia bluetooth headset at Best Buy for <$60. I have been using the thing every hour I am not at work! The battery is great and it is fairly light.
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    PDAHolic, you may have nailed my issue. Followed your suggestion, here is what I got:
    I have a total three BT Headsets, none of them is Stereo headset, so under BT setting, "set as wireless stereo" not as an option. Is there anyway to "trick" my Treo Pro to "think" that I have a wireless stereo headset?

If this does not work, what type of BT headset do you use? I will buy the exact same mode/maker.

Thank you in advance...
    You just need to get a headset with A2DP that is the BT profile that will give you stereo headset.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post

Thank you in advance...
    I mentioned the Jabra 8010. it uses two earpieces connected by a wire behind the neck. And it can be used with just the BT earpiece for both phone & music. If you're interested in a single earpiece, there's the 8040.
    Thank you ALL for the help. I know what I should get for the Xmas holiday... Thank you again...