Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I received my skin yesterday and installed only the screen portion last night. I hate to say it, but it was not easy for me. I used a lot of liquid as described, but it wouldn't slide around very easy for me. Now it has been on for about 24 hrs and doesn't look very good - not terrible - but not great. If it doesn't improve I'll have to remove it and try the 2nd skin. I'm not looking forward to that after reading Charlyee's posts above. Uggh.
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that. I had the opposite problem & it was too slippery to stay. This was the reason I was realigning mine, a part of the earpiece was covered & the whole protector was slightly skewed.

I think if you remove it before it completely dries you won't have my problem. Mine was a week later & it was completely set.

Good luck
    I think I'll wait till tomorrow to see if it clears up some. If not, I'll be doing surgery.
    Of all the configuration that comes with getting a new phone the screen protector is the part I dread the most!
    Well good news and bad. I was able to remove the bodyguardz screen protector without any problems at all. However, I ruined the 2nd screen protector that I was trying to put on. I do like the product and the feel of it on the device - I am just terrible at putting them on. I guess I'll order another pack and hope for the best.
    Doesn't Bodyguardz have a lifetime warranty?
    I think if you send them the old one back, they will send you a new one.
    They do have a warranty, but I will chock this one up to my stupidity/clumsiness and give it one more shot on my own.
    Last edited by scollins; 01/01/2009 at 06:25 PM.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    They do have a warranty, but I will chock this one up to my stupidity/clumsiness and give it one more shot on my own.
    Sorry to hear about your failed attempts. Perhaps have a look at the instructional videos again to see how they manage it...

ps: Everyone that buys BodyGuardz via this link or the links in my review, helps paying the bills for the TreoProTricks website a little bit. Thanks in advance!
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Just and FYI - I got another pair in and everything seemed to go much better since I had "experience" ha!
    love it now.
  9. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Glad to hear everything went well. I am happy with the results of mine.

Did you do anything different this time?
    Thank you!
    The history kinda goes like this:

1st try: Not enough liquid so I couldn't get it exactly where it needed to be. I pulled it halfway back up added liquid (not enough) and put it back down. So after the waiting period half of it looked terrible.

2nd try: Realized my mistake of not enough liquid so I really soaked it down the first time. Then before actually get it to the phone - dropped it!! sticky side down on carpet. I quickly realized it wasn't salvageable.

3rd try: Soaked it good - was less clumsy - moved slowly - and (finally) good to go!
  11. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    lol, thanks for the details, enjoyed reading it.

Just in case you decide to drop it again, if you can pick it up w/o creasing it, wash it off with soap and water & it is as good as new.

Having two dogs around me, it is almost impossible to get it dog hair free w/o washing it off a couple of times.
    ha!
    i thought about trying to wash it off, but after wrecking the first one, i really wanted a nice clean fresh install.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    berd, did you put the sides on also? Sorry I forgot what you posted.

I am hoping I will get mine soon.
    Sorry for the late reply - I just noticed your question.

I put the whole thing on.

I actually have the IS:
    http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Full Body
    Just call me Berd.
  14. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Sorry for the late reply - I just noticed your question.

I put the whole thing on.

I actually have the IS:
    http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Full Body
    Ok thanks, I only have the back & the screen on, cannot make up my mind about the sides. :O
    Berd;
    Do you know if the invisiblesheild is better than BodyGuardz?

Are you new Sprint Treo Pro owners buying this kind of protection? I really don't want to do it but I know I'll drop the thing and wish I did.
    I've used both BodyGuardz and InvisibleShield on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro and will never use InvisibleShield again. I, and I've found most who have actually used both, stick with BodyGuardz.

I've found most who promote InvisibleShield, are like I was when I used to prefer InvisibleShield, never tried anything but InvisibleShield. But once you try BodyGuardz after having used InvisibleShield, you don't look back .
    Good tips. Thanks! After reading your review, I probably won't put the sides on as plan to use both a cradle and the Brodit ProClip. I didn't realize the BodyGuardz was that thick.

It's a shame Palm decided to use the shiny black plastic. As I'm heading into the last days of using my MotoQ8, I realize it doesn't have a scratch on it after two years of carrying it around in my pocket with keys, change, etc. thanks to the nice rubberized surface.
    Just my two cents from my recent experience with the BodyGuardz (and past experience with invisibleshield).

They do offer good protection if you just want to carry your phone naked in your pocket. I'll also state that BodyGuardz offers a good quality product, however I ran into a couple annoying issues and I yanked the skins off in less than a week. First, everwhere there is an edge to the film (it comes in multiple pieces) you will feel that edge in your hand. To me it just feels cheap and I hate the texture of a sharp film edge against my fingers. It sort of feels like a chip would. Secondly the films add a high gloss effect everywhere it's installed, especially on the black surfaces. Sure the bubbles and haze will go away after a day or two but everything just looks too shiny for me after installation.

My recommendation is to try the Seidio Innocase II that you can get from Sprint. It's $29 and really looks sharp, is very minimalistic and combined with a crystal screen protector (boxwave or writeshield) will give your Treo Pro great protection. In addition the case gives the phone a very high quality hard-rubberized feel that is easy to grip and doesn't easily pick up fingerprints. You can carry the phone naked or it comes with a high quality holster that fits like a glove.

Everyone has different tastes but I just thought I'd share my opinion. If there was such an elegant case out there I'd likely try a skin again but for once I'm 100% satisfied. I should also point out I'm the type of person who usually ends up with 3 or 4 cases for every device I buy and I'm never happy because I'm too anal but I love this one.
    Last edited by jeremy3721; 03/16/2009 at 07:27 PM.
    I was just wondering if anyone was having issues with the Bodyguardz skin not staying attached to their TP on the upper corners?
    Customer service has sent me 2 replacements to no avail. Not sure if it is due to climate or design.
    Yeah, mine too.I have tried twice and the corners are the worst. The last time I even let it sit for 2 days before even touching it. And within a couple of days they started lifting. Is anyone having any better luck with another brand? I am starting to think it is the shape of the Treo that is causing the problems.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast