1.    #1  
    Please help.

I used sprint tech support over a month ago to resolve an inability to send messages over an 800w.

I had to hard reset the phone due to another matter, erasing the previous email settings and the problem is back.

I called Sprint and was told it was my ISP's (Cox) fault and there was no work around.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by appletim1 View Post
    Please help.

I used sprint tech support over a month ago to resolve an inability to send messages over an 800w.

I had to hard reset the phone due to another matter, erasing the previous email settings and the problem is back.

I called Sprint and was told it was my ISP's (Cox) fault and there was no work around.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    I don't think Cox allows relaying, which means you have to be in Cox's network to send messages. What I did when I was with Cox was to use my Gmail SMTP address for my outgoing server in my Cox account and all worked okay.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Would need to know more details on the situation. What your setup is, what you are trying to do, etc.

But it sounds like John is on the right track so far.
  4.    #4  
    It worked fine prior to the hard reset I did the other day, so at some point, withing the last 15 days, Cox did allow relaying.

I have an 800W with Sprint wireless service and a cox email account.
    I am trying to set up email to both send and receive as currently I can only receive messages over the phone.
    It worked fine prior to the hard reset I did the other day, so at some point, withing the last 15 days, Cox did allow relaying.

I have an 800W with Sprint wireless service and a cox email account.
    I am trying to set up email to both send and receive as currently I can only receive messages over the phone.
    You said you used Sprint's tech support over a month ago about this same issue. Maybe they had you enter Sprint's SMTP server information to enable sending of email.
    FYI, Sprints e-mail service is scheduled to be discontinued on Dec. 31. So for those of us using their server to send e-mails, we are going to have to find another option. There was suppose to be a fix that is linked to somewhere on this message board, but it didn't work for me.
    Sounds to me like it might be the smtp bug affecting you. Have you applied the fix?

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=173770
  8.    #8  
    I am not and did not use the SMTP.sprintpcs. server a month ago when it worked as they told me this would be soon discontinued.

I looked at the downloads you recommended, but there are 3. Which one should I use?

WindowsMobile61-KB958639.CAB

WindowsMobile61-KB958639.msi

WinMobile6.1_Patch_Readme.htm
    I am not and did not use the SMTP.sprintpcs. server a month ago when it worked as they told me this would be soon discontinued.

I looked at the downloads you recommended, but there are 3. Which one should I use?

WindowsMobile61-KB958639.CAB

WindowsMobile61-KB958639.msi

WinMobile6.1_Patch_Readme.htm
    Sorry, I forgot about the SMTP fix since I didn't experience it. Use the .cab file if you are going to install from your device. The .msi file should install while connected to your computer via cable and Active Sync.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    According to the Sprint FAQ regarding termination of PCS mail, they are going to continue with providing the SMTP server.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hey appletim1, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. I am sorry to hear about your messaging problem. I donít have enough information about your problem to help directly, but if you can email me something more specific at BJDatsprintdotcom I can pass it on to someone who will be able to help you.