1.    #1  
    I finally broke down and purchased CorePlayer 1.3 which I'm very happy with and the native YouTube support is very nice but I was wondering if it is possible to add the functionality of playing videos from Web sites like what was done with the flashvideobundle cab and TCPMP...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I finally broke down and purchased CorePlayer 1.3 which I'm very happy with and the native YouTube support is very nice but I was wondering if it is possible to add the functionality of playing videos from Web sites like what was done with the flashvideobundle cab and TCPMP...
    It's on the TODO list. I've been waiting for some info from Charles about what interfaces Kinoma supports. I figured I would add Coreplayer and Kinoma at the same time.

If I remember correctly, I think you can do this right now, by uninstalling TCPMP and just installing the FlashVideoBundle.cab alone. Then make sure your .m3u handler is checked in CorePlayer preferences. It should work...
    how does coreplayer compare to kinoma? featuresets/performance?
    Coreplayer handles .avi's where Kinoma doesn't. Kinoma has a far better user interface, and greater scope as far as streaming media in general.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Coreplayer handles .avi's where Kinoma doesn't. Kinoma has a far better user interface, and greater scope as far as streaming media in general.
    I would agree about the interface but CorePlayer will stream EVERYTHING but MMS (a defunct format) as far as I know... Care to elaborate, Alli?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    It's on the TODO list. I've been waiting for some info from Charles about what interfaces Kinoma supports. I figured I would add Coreplayer and Kinoma at the same time.

If I remember correctly, I think you can do this right now, by uninstalling TCPMP and just installing the FlashVideoBundle.cab alone. Then make sure your .m3u handler is checked in CorePlayer preferences. It should work...
    I'll give that a try when I'm feeling brave. Right now I'm babying my phone trying to figure out what was causing AS to lock up continuously and drain my battery severely. I think it may be WeatherPanel but I'm installing things bit by bit and monitoring the results. Thanks for the info.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I would agree about the interface but CorePlayer will stream EVERYTHING but MMS (a defunct format) as far as I know...
    MMS has been deprecated, but we find that it's still used to stream most Windows Media content.

Not to speak for Alli (she can obviously do that quite well for herself!), but "greater scope as far as streaming media" probably doesn't just mean protocol support.

I assume that comment speaks to the browseable, searchable SHOUTcast service, that we can stream Audible audiobooks, the depth and breadth of Kinoma Guide, etc.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks