1.    #1  
    I took several pictures of my family during the last month or so that I have had the Pro, and I have to say that the pictures have been excellent. They have been so good that I have emailed them and placed them on Facebook. The pictures are much clearer than any of my previous PDAs with cameras. I even did some comparison shots with my Centro and the difference is very obvious. The Centro's pictures are really quite poor in comparison, and the Pro's pics could actually be considered decent quality. Of course, the "shutter" speed is slow and you need your subjects to be holding relatively still, and there is the issue with the picture brightness that I referred to before. Anyhow, just commenting on how much I like the camera on this PDA.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I too have been impressed with the quality of the pictures taken with my Pro... I use an editor to "auto fix" the image and it corrects the lighting just fine.
    Fix it 'til it's broke!
    Treo Pro on AT&T
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I also found the camera to be quite good. This is a picture of one of the side entrances to the Taj Mahal. I cropped it in the device and left it untouched otherwise.

The blurriness on one side is "operator error"
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #4  
    Jeb: What editor are you using? I am looking for a free one if you know of any.

Charylee: Your picture is good, but it does point out how the fixed focus is important on this device. With long distance shots, I have noticed that the pictures tend to lose a good deal of contrast, and look smudged like in the lower middle part of your pic. The device is best at pics of objects 3-5 feet away. The details at that distance are much better than any of my other camera phones. I am going to try to figure out how to attach an image.

Ok, pic added. Not the best lighting, though. This is my parent's cat.
    Last edited by PDAholic; 12/18/2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: to add pic
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    You are absolutely right. I have pictures of my dogs from about 3 ft that are much more crisp.
  6.    #6  
    Here's a pic of the same cat watching T.V. (yeah, the cat watches television). The distance is further away, and that same blurring and poor contrast occurs, particularly in the lower parts of the picture. Lighting is poor, too.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    You are absolutely right. I have pictures of my dogs from about 3 ft that are much more crisp.
    I still believe that the Pro has the best camera of all of my PDA phones, and I have had many. If only the picture brightness could be improved, as well as the speed of the "shutter."
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb700w View Post
    I too have been impressed with the quality of the pictures taken with my Pro... I use an editor to "auto fix" the image and it corrects the lighting just fine.
    I love the camera on my TP, oh very good quality pics even at 1MP.
    I went on a trip with my students and forgot to take my camera. I resorted to theTP camera throught the day and was surprised by the photos when I transfered them to a computer. Like with most phone cameras there was a degradation of detail the further away the subjects were, but overall the quality and the colour was good. In fact next time I may well leave the camera at home again.