1.    #1  
    After I do a restore my email account are gone. When I go to enter them in again it says the names and accounts are already there. Right now on the Today front page it shows 1 email but when I go into the inbox nothing is there. No account at all. I'm I missing something?
    Were you restoring to a fresh device? Like restoring after a hard reset? Just asking, because trying to restore over a device that was not hard reset may cause problems.
    This happened to me after a restore, I ended up deleting all references to email accounts and set them up again and that worked in my case.
    Sounds like you're restoring a backup made on one phone to a new phone. I had this same problem when I replaced my unit. If so, go into sprite backup on the new device and in the settings, uncheck e-mail so it won't back it up. Do a backup and then do a restore. The phantom e-mail accounts should be gone and then you can set them up again.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    I used this app to fix the issue.

http://freewareppc.com/communication...ntrepair.shtml
    Well that's not comforting to know it happens so often that somebody had to make an application to address the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Sounds like you're restoring a backup made on one phone to a new phone. I had this same problem when I replaced my unit. If so, go into sprite backup on the new device and in the settings, uncheck e-mail so it won't back it up. Do a backup and then do a restore. The phantom e-mail accounts should be gone and then you can set them up again.
    I just tried this twice, thinking I messed up the first time, but still no dice. I have a phantom e-mail account that says it has 4 unread messages and it won't go away. In fact my other e-mail accounts are still there too, even though I'm sure I UNCHECKED backup for e-mail.

The e-mail messages are all gone, but the accounts are still there. Anything else I can try?

Thanks!

Jean
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I had exactly the same problem. I needed a replacement phone for a hardware issue. I took a full backup, then restored it on the new phone, and my today screen said I had 10 unread emails, but the email account was not there. I had done the restore in the Sprint store, so I was able to get the old phone back. I deleted the email account on the old phone, did a new backup, then did a hard reset on the new phone and restored. I think the problem with unchecking email in Sprite, is that all that does is not backup the email items, not the account settings. I am not sure you can tell Sprite to ignore the email account settings.
    I finally got rid of it by doing that. I did a hard reset then restored. For some reason, though, my AOL mail works fine, but the Comcast mail just hangs. It says connecting, then "waiting", and when I give up after 5 minues, it says "disconnecting" for about 10 minutes until I finally go into Task Manager and kill it.