1.    #1  
    I am trying out a Treo 800w right now, switched over from Blackberry Curve. We use a hosted provider for Microsoft Exchange (Intermedia). I have used several windows devices with them, and have NEVER had any issues.. Until recently all devices I have connected to a cellular network would get my e-mails even before Microsoft Outlook on my desktop notified me of a new message. Even my Blackberry on BES was the same - quicker than Outlook on a T1 line!.

Now, my Treo 800w is not working properly.. Emails SOMETIMES come in a minute or two after my Outlook.. Usually they arrive 15 minutes later. I know that all of my settings are right (set to "as items arrive"), and Intermedia says its not them..

Is anyone else experiencing this??
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I have been using my 800w with exchange active sync, and mail arrives on my phone faster than in Outlook 2003. Almost a tie with Outlook 2007.

We are running Exchange 2007 server.

I don't think it would be the device. But you could do a backup.

Then a hard reset. Connect to exchange and see if that fixes the problem.
  3.    #3  
    I believe we are on Exchange 2003 with Intermedia.. My Blackberry was super fast, along with my Treo 700wx i had with Verizon.. Both were faster than my Outlook.

Something must be wrong.. Emails shouldn't take 15 minutes to come through..
    This issue is most likely on the server side.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    This issue is most likely on the server side.
    This is what i think.. I went to Intermedia about this, and they tried to say it was the carriers fault.

Although i did notice that i have some sort of corrupt file in my inbox, so it would not allow me to sync only the past month of emails... I had to select ALL.
    Maybe this had something to do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Although i did notice that i have some sort of corrupt file in my inbox, so it would not allow me to sync only the past month of emails... I had to select ALL.
    Maybe this had something to do with it?

That would be my bet. I would consider not being able to sync only the last month a major issue. The two are probably tied.

I would archive the emails locally and clean ther server out. At worst, the exchange provider can build a new account for you and point your old one to it.

The carriers responsability is to pass data packets- if you are getting any email at all they are doing their job. Sometime exchange can get a bit funky- that is why if an easy answer is not had shortly- I would ask them to build you another account.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    E-mail on my 800w is no more than 30 seconds behind my desktop.

You can reduce the heartbeat settings for activesync, which will speed up delivery, but that will also use more battery life.
    Your problems are on your server. I would double check your sever settings or find a new provider if it is out sourced.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Your problems are on your server. I would double check your sever settings or find a new provider if it is out sourced.
    I'm starting to think this has something to do with the corrupt file i have in my emails.. I deleted the exchange acct and started over again - and this didn't fix the issue. I got an email this morning about 25 mins after it was sent!

I don't believe its Intermedia simply because over the past 4 years that we have been with them, i have NEVER had one issue. And have gone through about 6 different devices!

How could i find this corrupt file and get rid of it??!
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    I got an email this morning about 25 mins after it was sent!
    Where I work I had a gal complaining because an e-mail took an hour and a half to show up.

After looking at the headers, it was delayed on the customers side. It took about 5 milliseconds to go from their e-mail server to ours.

You sure the delay is on your side?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Where I work I had a gal complaining because an e-mail took an hour and a half to show up.

After looking at the headers, it was delayed on the customers side. It took about 5 milliseconds to go from their e-mail server to ours.

You sure the delay is on your side?
    I THINK i understand what you are saying.. Basically, my outlook gets the email right away.. Sometimes the Treo receives the email within 1-2 minutes, other times it receives it 15-20 later. There is no consistency, either way..
    If it's a time difference between when your exchange gets it and your Treo, then it's your phone or the exchange server.

Are you sure your exchange server supports push? Are you sure your phone is setup as "as items received" and not hourly polling?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If it's a time difference between when your exchange gets it and your Treo, then it's your phone or the exchange server.

Are you sure your exchange server supports push? Are you sure your phone is setup as "as items received" and not hourly polling?
    Yes, Intermedia supports ActiveSync direct push. And yes, my phone is set to "as items arrive". Just a few minutes ago, i received an email 1 minute after the Outlook... Then earlier today got one 8 minutes later.. Very random.
    Using Exchange 2003 with 700wx and 800w, when sitting at desk, all emails arrive on the Treo first by 10 - 30 seconds every time.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    My company use Exchange 2007 and I get it quicker on my 800w than on my company webmail.
    I always get my mail on my phone before Outlook or OWA...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I really like my company Exchange Server 2007 with my 800w. I wish I can get it on my own personal domain email. Pop3 and IMAP is old.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I really like my company Exchange Server 2007 with my 800w. I wish I can get it on my own personal domain email. Pop3 and IMAP is old.
    WM only supports 1 exchange server currently. (At least as far as I know.)
  19.    #19  
    I was able to resolve this issue.. Thought i would share:

I deleted the exchange server and started from scratch. This time i set the email to sync "ALL" and set the calender to sync "ALL". Previously, i had my calender to sync just the past "2 weeks".

For some reason this did the trick.. Apparently i have a corrupt item somewhere, but dont know what it is, or how to remove it.

Now my emails are INSTANT, even faster than my outlook on T1!