Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've been an avid Palm OS follower for many years (I've had a Handspring Visor, the Treo 650 and Treo 700P) and my contract with Verizon is almost up. I'm wondering if anyone has news on which Treo is coming to Verizon. The site says that the 700WX is available while supplies last. I called Verizon and this normally means that they are getting ready to release something to replace it. I'm hoping for the Treo Pro after hearing that the 800W is going to be EOL pretty soon.

I've looked at the HTC Touch Pro and the Samsung Omnia but I still want my Treo (I can't wait for Nova and I don't think my company will let me pull my mail down with it anyway) so its WinMo for me and the other two devices seem lacking. A possible release date would be awesome so I can judge how long I have to hold out for.
    Unfortunately there are no rumors or evidence that Verizon is getting this phone. Of course if it does well on Sprint, they will, just like with the Centro.

I'm pretty sure the replacement for the 700wx on Verizon is their Samsung Saga--a 320x320 WM6.1 device. It's not a bad device either wit some positive reviews, so you may want to take a look.

Assuming Verizon does want the TPro, I would imagine Sprint has at least a 3 month exclusive (they usually do), so that could give you some time frame.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Will the unlocked Treo Pro work with Verizon services?
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 180to650 View Post
    Will the unlocked Treo Pro work with Verizon services?
    No it will not. Treo Pro is a GSM device and Verizon is CDMA, two different technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    No it will not. Treo Pro is a GSM device and Verizon is CDMA, two different technologies.
    I think he is referring to the likely Sprint CDMA version rumored to be coming in a couple of weeks.
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I think he is referring to the likely Sprint CDMA version rumored to be coming in a couple of weeks.
    Ah! Sorry I misunderstood. The Sprint version will still not work on Verizon unfortunately.
    Unless you know how to hack it....but ESN swapping is borderline illegal, so we won't go there.