Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    My 700wx has recently developed an issue with its battery status function, which occurs EVERY time the Treo is removed from a charger (plug or cradle). Regardless of the condition of the battery at the time that I put in on charge, when I remove it, something "zaps" the battery condition status indicator, such that the Treo "thinks" it has zero power, and as a result of course, within 15 seconds, the unit suspends. I then perform a soft reset, and all is well with a full charge and good battery life, until the next time I charge, when it happens again. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Had the same problem a few months ago- I have 2 identical 700wx's so I did a quick experiment and swapped batteries- guess what? - it only would happen to whichever treo had the "bad" battery.
    Diagnosis- it's the battery!!

Picked up a new OEM battery on e-bay, and all has been good as new since August.

Mark
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks Mark - I replaced the battery (fortunately for free) at Sprint, and that in fact did correct the issue. It was just so odd since the battery was otherwise still performing satisafactorily - thanks again
    Paul