Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://store.treocentral.com/mobi-pr.../6A39A4337.htm

The single user review doesn't sound so good.

I think I may get it anyway because it is so cheap. I can't imagine that the Pro would be easy to dock regardless of the design, by the very nature of the tiny usb connector. Anyway, just looking for other thoughts.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post

I think I may get it anyway because it is so cheap. I can't imagine that the Pro would be easy to dock regardless of the design, by the very nature of the tiny usb connector. Anyway, just looking for other thoughts.
    I own one. And you pretty well nailed it re: the micro usb connector. But, maybe surprisingly, the docking learning curve isn't very steep. In under a week docking should seem no task at all. I suspect the review was written within 48 hours of receiving the dock.

As for battery charging, I think the reviewer's expectations were unrealistic. He complains a brand new battery wasn't more than 20% charged in 2 hours, based on the phone's reading. Any replacement battery I've ever gotten has had instructions indicating a first time charge needed to be at least 8 hours.

HTH

Bill
    If you don't need the spare battery charging, you can always opt for this Palm cradle: http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...le-Review.aspx
    Prices vary much, you can definitely find it quite cheap.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

I just got this one and it's actually pretty good. I was a bit leery after reading that online review. I don't have a problem docking the phone in cradle and the spare battery charge works quickly as expected so that person must have gotten a bad unit. The worst things I'll say about it is that its design is a bit boxy--not overly big given the space needed for the spare battery charger, just not as slick as compared to the Palm charger. I'll also comment there's a blue LED that is INSANELY bright. Not during the day or with lights on, but wow I wouldn't want it next to my bed at night sleeping. You can always put some black tape over if it gets too annoying..
    If price is the issue, I suggest this one... ( I got mine at my local Dollar Store) http://cgi.ebay.com/WIRELESS-GEAR-RA...2em118Q2el1247

I have no problems using this cradle. I can use mine from Linux, and WinXP. It also comes with a wall charger adapter that plugs into the USB cable, that would plug into your computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy_o_tool View Post
    If price is the issue, I suggest this one... ( I got mine at my local Dollar Store) http://cgi.ebay.com/WIRELESS-GEAR-RA...2em118Q2el1247

I have no problems using this cradle. I can use mine from Linux, and WinXP. It also comes with a wall charger adapter that plugs into the USB cable, that would plug into your computer.
    Doesn't seem to be for the Treo Pro though...
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    it works great with my Centro...
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy_o_tool View Post
    it works great with my Centro...
    it will not work with the TP, the connector on the Centro is like that of the older versions, the TP uses a MicroUSB connection...
    Fix it 'til it's broke!
    Treo Pro on AT&T
  9.    #9  
    Hey thanks everyone for their thoughts. I went ahead and ordered it. I will probably do the black tape thing per Sansil as the cradle is going next to my bed (I use the Pro as my alarm clock).

Thanks as well, Timmy. If I were still using my Centro I would buy that cradle without hesitation, but indeed, Palm changed the charging connector for the Pro (thankfully).
    Hey thanks everyone for their thoughts. I went ahead and ordered it. I will probably do the black tape thing per Sansil as the cradle is going next to my bed (I use the Pro as my alarm clock).
    I don't have mine next to the bed, but it's on my desk across the room. That far away, you get a not so bright blue circle on the ceiling, in the dark. If you have the phone facing you, both charging lights are hidden from direct view.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I am getting quite annoyed that every piece of equipment I buy lately has one or more blinding blue LEDs. I keep a roll of black electrical tape handy.
  12.    #12  
    I will be placing the cradle next to my bed. I use my Pro as an alarm, and I reach over and hit snooze when I wake up. I am interested to see just how bright this blue light is!
    Make sure you close your blinds or your neighbors will complain. Airplanes might think it is a landing beacon.

IMO when a company makes a device with such an obvious oversight it doesn't show a great deal of QC and makes me wonder about everything else. I would hate for it to somehow send too much power to the charger and fry my Treo....
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Make sure you close your blinds or your neighbors will complain. Airplanes might think it is a landing beacon.

IMO when a company makes a device with such an obvious oversight it doesn't show a great deal of QC and makes me wonder about everything else. I would hate for it to somehow send too much power to the charger and fry my Treo....
    Well, now that you mention it, I am working on setting off several nuclear bombs and creating a nuclear winter that will block out our sun. Rest easy, my fellow Treo Pro cradle brothers, we will persist with our bright LEDs that have the candlepower of a thousand suns.

15.    #15  
    I just got the cradle, and I love it! Here are my thoughts:
    1) The blue light is indeed bright. Wow. My family even commented on how bright the light is.
    2) I didn't have any problem docking the PDA into the cradle. The single reviewer is slightly dramatic.
    3) My one disappointment is that I am probably going to have to get another female USB-to-wall outlet plug, because I want to keep one cable and plug in my bag for traveling. Anybody where I can get another one of these plugs?
    4) I don't have a spare battery yet, but the cradle seems to charge the PDA quickly.

Great cradle, well worth it.
    3) My one disappointment is that I am probably going to have to get another female USB-to-wall outlet plug, because I want to keep one cable and plug in my bag for traveling. Anybody where I can get another one of these plugs?
    4) I don't have a spare battery yet, but the cradle seems to charge the PDA quickly.

Great cradle, well worth it.
    Guess in your case, you'll need the tape over the bright blue light. :-) Anyway, to answer your questions.

3) The phone accessory place I always check is CellphoneShop.net. Most things are very low priced, some much classier than you'd expect for the prices, all working as you'd want. And some you'd never think of, but know immediately will make your phone use better. And, yes, some things most of us will never buy. If you don't mind the plug being white, I found the plug for $6.99 plus shipping at http://www.cellphoneshop.net/usbtoacadch.html .

4) I wanted an additional retractable cord for travel use. And I know how thin the internal wires can be. So, I wasn't about to take a chance that an inexpensive knockoff wouldn't fail more readily than a name brand. Seidio's cable was about the same price anywhere. But their 1650 battery (direct from Seidio) is the same price as the Palm 1500, here. So, my purchases of both direct from Seidio were a no brainer. If you just want the battery & the 1500 is OK, it's $10 cheaper, direct from Palm. But we both missed out on a short term sale when Palm was selling them for $29.95. ;-(

I think both have US shipping sites -- ground rates are cheap, delivery is reasonably fast.

HTH

Bill
  17.    #17  
    Excellent! Thanks Kraski! Great post, very helpful. Gotta break out the credit card.
    Excellent! Thanks Kraski! Great post, very helpful. Gotta break out the credit card.
    <VBG> BTW, when you give CellPhoneShop.net an email address, they periodically send you emails with coupon codes, usually for 10% off the regular price. Sometimes you won't find anything you want for a particular phone model, other times it's a gold mine. But it's one of the sites I always check periodically.
    Just got this cradl eas well.

All the lights come on and it shows that it is charging but battery level will not increase.

I'm using the AC adapter that came with it.

Anyone else having this issue?
  20.    #20  
    You have to use the usb cable to charge the Pro. I just used the plug that came with the device. I presume that the AC cord charges the extra battery, but I can't be certain because I don't have a spare battery. See Kraski's post above regarding ordering a second usb-to-ac plug so you can use the plug that came with the device for traveling (at least that's my plan )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast